Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by nikpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo.JPG
family-feud-x2[1].png

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

If you put lightning flippers on it and remove the center post, it makes going for multiball a LOT more difficult and makes the game more balanced.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Nemesis:

Hold on a second here. How come its over-hyped? How about Funhouse at $4,000 - its a sys11 game, are you really getting $4,000 worth of Pinball out of Rudy's crossed eyed face? It is also a single level/platformed game.

Wrong, and wrong.

WPC Game. Clock time are modes, different modes to shoot for, awesome ramps and 2nd plunger for skill shot, subways, lots going on in Funhouse. And a stupid dummy you get to whack in the face that barfs pinballs. I'd say that has a lot more going for it than SoF.

As for Funhouse being a $4000 game, Hell no. I agree with you there 100%. $2.5k is what I'd expect for a working one, maybe 3k for pristine. 2k for beater. It is overpriced. They made a good number of them. No reason it should go for that much. But Addams is way worse as far as price vs. amount of game you get.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from thedefog:

Wrong, and wrong.
WPC Game. Clock time are modes, different modes to shoot for, awesome ramps and 2nd plunger for skill shot, subways, lots going on in Funhouse. And a stupid dummy you get to whack in the face that barfs pinballs. I'd say that has a lot more going for it than SoF.
As for Funhouse being a $4000 game, Hell no. I agree with you there 100%. $2.5k is what I'd expect for a working one, maybe 3k for pristine. 2k for beater. It is overpriced. They made a good number of them. No reason it should go for that much. But Addams is way worse as far as price vs. amount of game you get.

I agree on every single point here. I have seen decent Funhouse machines for 2500-3000 recently on Pinside. People that want 4K+ for funhouse better have a new everything.

1 week later
#54 4 years ago

Just checking is anyone is sick of their swords of fury yet.....

#55 4 years ago

I just can't do it... and I'm in a selling mood lately

#56 4 years ago

If you find one even at 2k. Get it. I played mine for 5 hours last night. There are 20+ pins at my brother's studio and I still play SoF 80% of the time. I'm considering trading for a bsd but I'm scared that when I try to find this game again for under 2k I won't be able to.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

If you find one even at 2k. Get it. I played mine for 5 hours last night. There are 20+ pins at my brother's studio and I still play SoF 80% of the time. I'm considering trading for a bsd but I'm scared that when I try to find this game again for under 2k I won't be able to.

Good advice. I had a nice one in Boston for 2300 with a new plastic set and extra playfield and I had to pass due to a cash shortage; this was a couple of months ago. I should have figured something out and grabbed it. You live, you learn.

#58 4 years ago

I was going to try and swoop up Nikola's SOF but I knew he would part with it only for a dear price and my life. I was close....BSD! Ha. SO I went searching and found a great one at an amazing price. And now that I have it.....it's not leaving!!! Ha.

I agree. I am too afraid that when I do let it go they'll be trading for NIBs or something when I start missing it.

#59 4 years ago

LOL if I could trade my SoF for a NIB it would get moved so fast it would get handtruck burn (if there is such a thing) lol...

#60 4 years ago

In fact, throwing this out there:

Restored SoF, no mylar, fresh insert decals, no broken plastics or ramps, full customized LEDs everywhere FOR TRADE for Metallica, PST!

#61 4 years ago

Looks like I found a SoF......9 hours away. Here is the true test of how much I really want one.......

#62 4 years ago

Egads, I hope it's a good price to drive that far.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Egads, I hope it's a good price to drive that far.

Nothing special price wise but it is in great shape so thinking about it.........

#64 4 years ago

I'd wait. 9 hrs is insanity. I just found a Bad Cats a hr away at the right price, so it can happen. Just be patient.

#65 4 years ago

Pffft. Casuals. I bought mine from a guy 2000 miles away.

#66 4 years ago

LIONMAN now lives in my basement (well....as soon as I move him there). Thanks, Crispin!

photo.JPG
#67 4 years ago

Your welcome parkway! Glad I was able to help in your search, hope you guys enjoy the hell out of her! LIONMAN!

#69 4 years ago

Nice. You weren't kidding. Hard core lionman!

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from donjagra:

Nice. You weren't kidding. Hard core lionman!

This wasn't the 9 hour one. Thankfully a fellow Pinsider saved me that insanity and I only had to drive an hour and change.

#71 4 years ago

Let's see some more pictures when it's set up.
Good catch. Lionman has something unique. You just want to keep coming back for more.

#72 4 years ago

This is awesome. Was that 9 hour one 9 hours south of you by any chance?

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Pffft. Casuals. I bought mine from a guy 2000 miles away.

Did it come from Kamloops? That may be my old game that I sold to a friend if so....

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Did it come from Kamloops? That may be my old game that I sold to a friend if so....

Nope! I got it from pinsider RawleyD (or rather, his brother), in Virginia. It was in pretty rough shape when I got it. I replaced every single board in it, and ended up with a bad Rottendog board (they were great about replacing it no charge though). Once I sorted that out and fixed a few broken connectors it has worked flawlessly since then!

The only issue I have had is that I can't seem to find a complete replacement for the upper pf flipper (that super long arm makes it tricky). There are a few sites that carry the right size of flipper, but I have not found any with the long arm. Mine has started to wear where the solenoid arm clamps it. Every few weeks i have to adjust it and tighten it up. Anyone got any suggestions?

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Nope! I got it from pinsider RawleyD (or rather, his brother), in Virginia. It was in pretty rough shape when I got it. I replaced every single board in it, and ended up with a bad Rottendog board (they were great about replacing it no charge though). Once I sorted that out and fixed a few broken connectors it has worked flawlessly since then!
The only issue I have had is that I can't seem to find a complete replacement for the upper pf flipper (that super long arm makes it tricky). There are a few sites that carry the right size of flipper, but I have not found any with the long arm. Mine has started to wear where the solenoid arm clamps it. Every few weeks i have to adjust it and tighten it up. Anyone got any suggestions?

Ya my old one was in players shape...came from a campground in BC before I got it....I had a hard time fixing one of the upper diverters...ended up finding a part from a guy overseas to fix it...it did go to someone in Alberta...not exactly sure who...was just curious

Post edited by tomdotcom: none

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

This is awesome. Was that 9 hour one 9 hours south of you by any chance?

Nope, that one was 9 hours west.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from AndyBadCatsUK:

Let's see some more pictures when it's set up.
Good catch. Lionman has something unique. You just want to keep coming back for more.

Absolutely. Can't wait to actually play it. Now just have to find the time.......

This weekend isn't looking promising.

#78 4 years ago

There's always 1am man

#79 4 years ago

YAY! Glad you found one! Adam, I'm glad you snagged one up too! Here cum da guards!!!!

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside