(Topic ID: 37323)

Looking for a specific LOTR thread or pics, any help would be awesome!

By centerflank

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

This LOTR thread addressed a sleeve add on or a fix for the coil pin that diverts the ball into Isengard, (orbit pin) in test mode. Its too thin and doesnt always deflect, anyone remember?
Thanks!

#2 11 years ago

Just cut a rubber post sleeve to fit on the coil pin flush with the table or a little below. Works great. It does not bind on mine and has worked for a long time with no issues.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

So, I purchased the pinballlife ring ramp post fix because the diverter was hitting the washer on the top of the post due to the post being bent. I highly recommend this anyway as the old post is just a screw with a plastic sleeve. The new post is one from a Bally/Williams with a rubber sleeve.
Anyway, the problem was still there. Turns out, I didn't have the diverter adjusted correctly. It should NOT touch the bumper at all, even when fully engaged. Didn't realize this as it sits very close to it. <sigh> Sometimes I feel like kicking myself. But at least I noticed the bent post and fixed that.

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Propaganda:

Just cut a rubber post sleeve to fit

Yep, I did that, just wanted to dub check if people used something else, Thanks!

#5 11 years ago

Apollo, Speaking off that ramp post fix, mine still has a VERY slight edge of the ramp still exposed, I even shoved a toothpick into the hole through the play field to push the post as close as possible to the left edge of the ramp(the hole had a bit of an oval shape to it).

#6 11 years ago

mine does as well, I just clean up the ramp with a file every so often... as well as the forked area at the top of the ramp. out of the machine of course have already replaced the ramp 1x

#7 11 years ago

can't find anything... do you have a time period for the post your looking for?

#8 11 years ago

I could have sworn it was June of 2012, the pinsider who worked on development of LOTR commented in this specific thread and I thought he posted some pics of the orbit pin, I did just find a post sleeve that fits snug and doesnt jam in the metal coil sleeve.

#9 11 years ago

It might have been this one...
No Keith posting on it though.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/call-out-to-lotr-ownersball-deflector-problems-behind-orthanc-tower

At least it has a similar solution and the proper link to the LOTR site provided anyway.

#10 11 years ago

okay cool... I was going crazy looking for it... I posted the other one thinking that was it, then realized it wasn't sorry. so your good or should I keep looking?

#11 11 years ago

that might be it

#12 11 years ago

Im good, was interested to see if there was any other helpful info in that thread as I have my LOTR pulled out and Im tweaking all the little things that have bugged me for a while, putting in the stronger flip coils tonite! Thanks for looking!

#13 11 years ago

I placed some washers under the edge closest to the front of the playfield. Two washers under one of the screws. This tilts it out slightly and allows the ball to catch onto it. I can take pics when I have a chance.

#14 11 years ago

Keith did post in the one I was thinking, I remember it being a longer thread of 2-3 pages, Argh why didnt I save it my favs...

#15 11 years ago

Welcome... updated flippers coils did mine good.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Argh why didnt I save it my favs...

lol

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

I can take pics when I have a chance.

No sweat, mine seems to pop out and retract without any snagging.

#18 11 years ago

Just cut a rubber post sleeve in halfish and shove it around the post. Most people have used Cliffies colored sleeves. May have to trim it a bit.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

No sweat, mine seems to pop out and retract without any snagging.

You do the washers or the rubber sleeve?

#20 11 years ago

I recently tweaked my friend's, and I ended up using a combination of a washer and a cliffy post sleeve. I first tried just the cliffy, but it was getting hung up on the rear ball guide. The washer angled it just enough so that it works perfectly now.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

You do the washers or the rubber sleeve?

I tried about 7 diff sleeves, beveling the edges so it would pop up and down nice. All the black ones I had didnt seem to work, threw a blue colored one in I got from pinball life and it fit perfect.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

but it was getting hung up on the rear ball guide

Yes, rear ball guide was just hitting on most of the black sleeves I tried, the blue one (is that a cliffy I got from pblife?) must just be a bit narrower in circumference and didnt hit.

#24 11 years ago

Nice work sammiesguys!

#25 11 years ago

LOL. That was my thread, and I completely forgot about it.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Nice work sammiesguys!

Thanks!

Quoted from gweempose:

LOL. That was my thread, and I completely forgot about it.

I noticed that. But I'm much too classy to bring that up.

#27 11 years ago

Very impressive, Mr.T would be proud.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 25.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-specific-lotr-thread-or-pics-any-help-would-be-awesome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.