(Topic ID: 193228)

Looking for Bally M-1272-10 wire gate -- have one for sale or trade?

By drsfmd

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 12.20.11 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 11.52.56 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 11.55.39 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 11.56.00 AM (resized).png
gate (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

See the attached picture. I'm missing the gate that blocks access to the bonus mushroom bumper on my Gold Rush. This type uses a wire that goes down through the playfield to be actuated at the appropriate time. Have one for sale?

gate (resized).jpggate (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Are you missing the bracket? gate? actuator?

Maybe some part numbers will help you?
From the Bally 1966 catalog:

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 12.20.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-07-11 at 12.20.11 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 11.55.39 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-07-11 at 11.55.39 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 11.52.56 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-07-11 at 11.52.56 AM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 11.56.00 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-07-11 at 11.56.00 AM (resized).png

#3 6 years ago

Thanks Jeff - I haven't see that particular part sheet before. I'm looking for the complete gate-- everything above the playfield and the actuating wire.

1 week later
#4 6 years ago

An update to this... I have been able to track down all of the parts needed *except* the M-1272-10 wire as pictured above in the image jeffc provided.

Any help in acquiring this part would be greatly appreciated!

#5 6 years ago

Could probably fabricate one from piano wire. I have done this numerous times.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Could probably fabricate one from piano wire. I have done this numerous times.

As a last resort, I will try something like that, but surely someone has one that is laying around unused and unloved that they would like to find a new home for

1 week later
#7 6 years ago

Bump. Anybody got one of these gates in their pile of parts? Know of a source for a correct replacement?

#8 6 years ago

Let me try this a different way... anybody have one of these gates who would be willing to make a piano wire copy for me?

#9 6 years ago

Just run to the nearest hobby store, buy some piano wire and start bending.should only take a short time to do it.

#10 6 years ago

I know the front shape but don't know how the rest of it is supposed to look.

7 months later
#11 6 years ago

I'm going to mark this as resolved. I never did come up with an original, but I was able to fix it nonetheless. I realized that the image in the catalog was the correct size, so I was able to bend the front correct specifications. From there it was trial and error to get it to open to the correct height, but still come down far enough to prohibit the ball from passing the gate when it wasn't supposed it. It was a little tricky, but I've finally got it sorted out.

3 years later
#12 3 years ago

Gold Rush is a fairly uncommon title but I have two AND So late to the post by years but Jeffc is awesome! and if my originals can be of help to you now please let me know. The correct piano wire is necessary to fabricate. How is yours playing now?

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from JustageFehler:

Gold Rush is a fairly uncommon title but I have two AND So late to the post by years but Jeffc is awesome! and if my originals can be of help to you now please let me know. The correct piano wire is necessary to fabricate. How is yours playing now?

Thanks! Mine is working and playing fantastically now. For anyone who happens to run across this post in the future, that particular wire gate was used *only* on Gold Rush. When I made my piano wire replacement, I made another to use as a template it it was ever needed. Figuring out the correct bends was tough, but not insurmountable. The hardest part was making the "eyelet" on the end that is actuated (think of it as the eye on a fish hook, but slightly larger). Getting that end small enough to work, while also smooth and round enough that the parts could interact without binding was a bit of a challenge.

This spring, the playfield is coming out for touch up and clear coat by the artisans at ToastMach pinball restorations- they have restored the playfields on my other Bally EM titles, and do incredible work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-specific-bally-gate-have-one-for-sale-or-trade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.