Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Wyopinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I teach at a middle school. Next Friday we are having our Halloween Dance/Activity Night. I will be bringing a pinball machine for kids to play. I'm trying to find a short video clip to play during our morning announcements to help advertise the fact that there will be a pinball machine there for the kids to play. Just looking for about 15-20 seconds from a video that shows flashing lights, flipping, music, and all the "cool" stuff about pinball. My youtube searching has found me a few possible candidates but nothing great so far. Any ideas?

#2 8 years ago

This really doesn't fit your description of what the kids will find cool, but hey, us pinheads will love this one -

#3 8 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

Just looking for about 15-20 seconds from a video that shows flashing lights, flipping, music, and all the "cool" stuff about pinball.

21 seconds on this one.

#4 8 years ago

That's cool you are bringing a game for the kids. You would get my vote for teacher of the year!

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

This really doesn't fit your description of what the kids will find cool, but hey, us pinheads will love this one -
    » YouTube video

You got the music part right for what I'm looking for but not sure the kids would even know what the heck their watching a video of haha. Nice video though

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

21 seconds on this one.
    » YouTube video

Search is over!!!... Oh wait I don't want to end up on the 6 oclock news

#7 8 years ago

They would probably enjoy this.

#8 8 years ago

Hello tmontana. What kind of game are you bringing - your EM? I have a video of an older 1969 EM pinball machine that I can edit down to 20 seconds with music if you are interested.

What's nice about this video is that it shows a montage of everything about playing a pinball for the first time, from inserting a quarter, resetting the machine, flipping and pop bumping to game over.

If you are bringing a newer game, you should probably go with video of a newer pinball machine.

#9 8 years ago

My em's backglass is a little too racey for middle school I think. will probably bring my who dunnit but thanks for offering to make a video

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

They would probably enjoy this.

Those guys should probably keep their day jobs.

#11 8 years ago

That's awesome that you are bringing a pin to school for your students.

I am a college English Prof, and I have been looking for a good oppertunity that makes sence for me to bring one of my machines in.
    I have been trying to think of a way that I could work pinball into a lecture/course, but haven't come up with much yet that would fit the curriculum....lol....one day...lol

--Ed

#12 8 years ago

Set one up at a dance as a fundraiser.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-pinball-video-clip-to-show-students and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.