Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by crassmage
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Hey everybody, I am in the market for a newer game, DMD if possible in the $1000 - 1500 range. I currently have a gorgar/police force/centaur lineup but the police force can possibly be involved in a trade. Checking to see what is available locally. Thanks!

Looking for:
jokerz
tmnt
freddy
firepower
pinbot
or whatever, just something newer than say 1985(except listed above), DMD a bonus

Post edited by crassmage : increased my limit a bit

#2 10 years ago

i hate to be a downer, but i don't think it is possible to find a dmd in that range. even the low end (Lethal weapon 3, shaq, super mario brother, etc) are in the 1500-1700 range.

keep a look out, be patient and something might come along.

#3 10 years ago

I have seen many games at that price, just not now that I am looking of course. Doesnt have to have DMD. Something like a pinbot, swords of fury, system 11 stuff is cool too. Saw a bunch of Freddys at around $900 a couple summers ago.......I am no hurry I suppose. I could always pony up a bit more for the right game too.

#4 10 years ago

Freddies were around $900 a couple summers ago. Not so much anymore though. It can be done though. I've solda tmnt, lw3, and teed off, all for less than your budget and all in the last year. No one was banging down the door to get them either

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

I have seen many games at that price, just not now that I am looking of course. Doesnt have to have DMD. Something like a pinbot, Swords of Fury, system 11 stuff is cool too. Saw a bunch of Freddys at around $900 a couple summers ago.......I am no hurry I suppose. I could always pony up a bit more for the right game too.

A couple of summers ago is ancient history in terms of pinball pricing.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

A couple of summers ago is ancient history in terms of pinball pricing

I noticed, but I am going to be patient and see.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

A couple of summers ago is ancient history in terms of pinball pricing.

I agree. How nice of a machine are you looking for? I have a Comet that works but has issues-$800. I also have a Big Guns in nice condition for $1200.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

I agree. How nice of a machine are you looking for? I have a Comet that works but has issues-$800. I also have a Big Guns in nice condition for $1200.

What issues are you having with your comet?

#9 10 years ago

Just keep your eyes peeled and you will find a deal. I would sell you my Freddy but thw wife won't let it go.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

Just keep your eyes peeled and you will find a deal. I would sell you my FREDDY but thw wife won't let it go.

Twist her arm . Freddy is high on my list......

I am not looking for a collecters game or nothing just something for me and the kids to play and enjoy. I would LOVE a big guns but it just wont fit in my basement. Police Force barely cleared it.

#11 10 years ago

Nite bump.

#12 10 years ago

I didn't think it would fit in my basement either, but it does. I have a low ceiling at 85 inches. My BG measures 82.5 inches set-up and running. That's shorter than 7 ft. How short are your ceilings?? Did the Keebler Elves build your house?? J/K

#13 10 years ago

My basement ceiling hovers a hair over 82 inches. Thick carpet pad I think. I would have had that game 3 times by now if I was sure it would fit..

#14 10 years ago

Measure up!! It all depends on the leg levelers.

#15 10 years ago

Yeah it is just too close. I have measured that probably 10 times trying to eek out a inch here or there. Nadda.

I would be interested in say a pinbot , jokerz, tmnt, sf2, etc. Just a fun not too serious game.

#16 10 years ago

Gottlieb's are still in that price range. Sold my Waterworld in there....and I miss it

#17 10 years ago

selling my mousin around soon, its a little over that number but not too much... im in nebr tho

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Twist her arm . FREDDY is high on my list......
I am not looking for a collecters game or nothing just something for me and the kids to play and enjoy. I would LOVE a Big Guns but it just wont fit in my basement. Police Force barely cleared it.

I told her if we get one more something has to go. But I think it would be out of the price range your looking to spend right now.

#19 10 years ago

Zen how much are you looking to get for your mousin around? I would like to put that next to my bad cats.

#20 10 years ago

I wouldnt mind a cheaper gottlieb if it is a good player. Thanks for the suggestions. As for Nebraska I could make the trek for the right game/price. We drive to CO almost yearly, so I know the route

#21 10 years ago

Probably not appropriate to put in this thread price and photos, I will be making a listing for it soon and can post it here...dont want to derail Ops thread is all

#22 10 years ago

Sounds good I will keep a lookout for it.

#23 10 years ago

I have a SF2 I may sell. Works but needs some switches tightened and new ramp flipper motor installed.

#24 10 years ago

Prices I paid for my last 6 pins in order, all within the last year:

$0
$1300
$0
$100
$1200
$500

Titles I got in no order:

Whirlwind
Riverboat Gambler
Dr. Dude
Party Zone
Rollergames
Firepower 2

Don't let the high price worshipers discourage you - plenty of nice deals still to be had. People seem to have an ego about claiming how high prices are and pounce at the chance to rain on your parade, but I live in a high price region (Long Island) and have yet to really feel any effects of "Pinflation." Just learn to hunt and follow up on any leads you get from friends/family and be ready to go make a pickup within 24 hours.

Best of luck on your search!

-BB

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Prices I paid for my last 6 pins in order, all within the last year:
$0
$1300
$0
$100
$1200
$500
Whirlwind
Riverboat Gambler
Dr. Dude
Party Zone
Rollergames
Firepower 2
Don't let the high price worshipers discourage you - plenty of nice deals still to be had. People seem to have an ego about claiming how high prices are and pounce at the chance to rain on your parade, but I live in a high price region (Long Island) and have yet to really feel any effects of "Pinflation." Just learn to hunt and follow up on any leads you get from friends/family and be ready to go make a pickup within 24 hours.
Best of luck on your search!
-BB

But how much work did all those games need and what kind of shape were they in?

#26 10 years ago

They were all fully working except Firepower 2, which I had to quickly resell since I was out of room All were mylared except Rollergames. Riverboat was diamond plated and is in absolutely amazing condition after being novused. None of them required any major board repair or cosmetic overhaul. I'd say I put less than $100 in parts into each game for the ones that needed to be shopped.

I tried to pay for both machines that I got for free (cash was physically in my hand). Both times it was handed back to me along with this line:

"You're doing me a huge favor by getting this thing out of my house. Don't worry about it."

Being ready and able to go get a game within 24 hours is such a huge factor of getting good deals on stuff, especially with non-pinball people who want their space back.

#27 10 years ago

I couldn't agree more I picked up a free fish tales this year that was fully working they just wanted out of the house. You just have to be ready to do a speedy pickup.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I couldn't agree more I picked up a free Fish Tales this year that was fully working they just wanted out of the house. You just have to be ready to do a speedy pickup.

Someday for me. I wouldnt even mind helping someone else out with an ASAP pickup incase it ever comes up.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Checking to see what is available locally.

Pinball Circus is coming up October 12th & 13th. Last one there was around 12 extra games brought in and most were for sale.

You might want to make it to the event and see what will all be there.

LTG : )

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from mario_1_up:

I couldn't agree more I picked up a free Fish Tales this year that was fully working they just wanted out of the house. You just have to be ready to do a speedy pickup.

Agreed. There are deals out there. I haven't paid big bucks really for anything. I just refuse to. I can wait until a better price comes along. Most I have ever spent on a pin is $2,000 and I have the two pins I wanted the most currently in my collection. My last 6 pins in no particular order.

Dr. Who
Gottleib Atlantis
Spy Hunter
Congo
The Shadow
Judge Dredd

I paid an average price of $870 for each of these pins and the most expensive one was $1,750.

#31 10 years ago

Nobody is saying deals aren't out there but isn't there a difference between scouring the internet/wherever for the deal and expecting a pinsider to cut the OP a deal on the game? I think that's where all the naysaying is coming from. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

$0
$1300
$0
$100
$1200
$500

Whirlwind
Riverboat Gambler
Dr. Dude
Party Zone
Rollergames
Firepower 2

Don't let the high price worshipers discourage you

And i bet you're going to cut the next owner a smokin' deal on these when it comes time to sell, right? If not, you're not being fair to the guys that bought at market and are trying to sell at market.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

selling my mousin around soon, its a little over that number but not too much... im in nebr tho

PM sent ZEN THX>

#34 10 years ago

Thanks for the kind words guys, I was just seeing if anyone had anything they were on the fence about selling or were about to sell. I am in no real hurry but wouldnt mind getting my hands on a fun new game.

Quoted from dantebean:

I have a SF2 I may sell. Works but needs some switches tightened and new ramp flipper motor installed.

I am interested in the SF2 what are you asking for it?

#35 10 years ago

Anyone else looking to part ways with a machine??
A few good leads but nothing set in stone yet....

#36 10 years ago

I may sell my lwjp but not super soon. So I didn't think it was worth mentioning yet.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

My basement ceiling hovers a hair over 82 inches. Thick carpet pad I think. I would have had that game 3 times by now if I was sure it would fit..

Is that too short to lift the playfield all the way (which needs a few more inches than the back box when it pivots up)? I've got a similarly low basement ceiling, and have to move the pin to one spot in the basement with an extra inch to lift the PF...

#38 10 years ago

There is a LW3 in Round Lake on CL for $1,500- matches your request perfectly.

#40 10 years ago

Closing in on a few, thanks for all of the replies and offers everyone, quite the community here!

#41 10 years ago

Any more offers?

#42 10 years ago

updated original post with some suggestions, thanks again.

#43 10 years ago

What would the going rate for a decent Jack Bot be?

#44 10 years ago

I would say around $1500-$1600. I enjoy mine too much tho to sell at that price.

#45 10 years ago

Yeah the guy wont budge off $2000. Still waffling on that SF2 dantebean. I think it is the drive involved that is slowing me down.

#46 10 years ago

2k? Is it LED'd and shopped?

#47 10 years ago

I've got a beautiful Breakshot I'm going to be putting up for sale soon. I haven't taken any pics yet but I can if you have any interest.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I've got a beautiful Breakshot I'm going to be putting up for sale soon. I haven't taken any pics yet but I can if you have any interest.

what you wantting? how do you like it? i was looking for one some time back- but they were all like yours states away, never had one come up local

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from lladnip:

what you wantting? how do you like it? i was looking for one some time back- but they were all like yours states away, never had one come up local

I'm thinking $1900. The cabinet is extremely nice with only a few very minor blemishes. The playfield is also nice. No wear that I can remember. The best part is the inside. It's about as clean as they come. You might think this thing was never on route.

#50 10 years ago

I am envious of all you fellow Minnesotans finding these great deals. It's like the anti-Craigslist when you're citing these low prices!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hawesville, KY
$ 5.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, PA
Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-pin-mn-ia-wi-area-1000-1200 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.