(Topic ID: 83460)

Looking for a pin in the $2k-3k range - recommendations?

By isJ

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bellbrand
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Picture 038.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfidel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 10 years ago

The only machines on your list that you'll find in your range are DM and JM. The others are all $4K and way up, esp. MB.

That said, for just over $3K you could find a nice RIBION. That's a great machine.

$2,500 range... there are machines like WPT, FT, FH, RS to name a few really fun machines.

Fun machines on the lower price scale say $1,800-$2,200 are Taxi, TFTC, and T2. DM is in there too along with JM and JD, but could fetch up to $2,500 depending on condition.

Look around the forum threads to get some more game ideas. Pinsiders will add to the list in no time. Awesome, knowledgeable people here.

Most importantly and the best thing I think you could do for you and your wife is to find a place with a bunch of pins that you can play and experience first hand. That way, you can narrow your options down and see what you two like the best.

Good luck and have fun in your search.

#14 10 years ago

The Shadow is a great machine. I had been dying to play one and finally got the chance a couple weeks ago. It was super fun. I believe it ranks in on the Pinside Top 100 at like 25. So it's an awesome first machine for sure.

You should be able to find a very nice one for $2,500-$2,800.

The worst part of that machine is the horrific translite. There's a great guy here named Aurich. He has designed a BEAUTIFUL alternate translite for The Shadow. It's a must have and makes the game looks 1000 times better. Also, Google Laseriffic. They have designed a super cool flipper topper that says....SHADOW on one flipper and KNOWS on the other. I look for the links and post them here if I can find em.

Here's a link to a thread with the translite. Just to make sure it's the same one.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hats-off-to-aurich-new-shadow-translite-amazing

Here are the Flipper Toppers. This is a thread link. I tried to upload the pics and couldn't do it. Click on the link and go to page 3 in the thread. Start scrolling down and you'll see them. They're way cool and a must add. Plus they're only like $5-$10 bucks for the set. The guys at Laseriffic are great.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/metallica-flipper-mod-by-laseriffic

#18 10 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-tales-from-the-crpyt-tftc-2200

That's a link to a FS thread for a TFTC posted not even 2 weeks ago. It's still for sale. Offer him $2K for it. See if he bites. If not, meet in the middle for $2,100. You can get one from $1,800-$2,200 depending on condition. Anyone asking $4K for a TFTC is straight up out of their mind. You could buy a WhiteWater for that.

TFTC is a fun game. Has some cool shots and ramps. Very good flow. Surprisingly, it's a way better game than I thought it would be. A nice game to own, but honestly, for $3-$500 bucks more, you're much better off with a Shadow. People who weigh in will confirm as much.

Like I said bro, take your wife out (if you guys haven't already) and try these machines before you buy one. That way you'll know which machine you two like best. IE-MM is the #1 rated machine in the Top 100. I could care less for it myself. And THAT"S what makes this hobby so GREAT. There are so many machines to choose from. Just cause someone else thinks 1 machine is the be all and end all of pinball doesn't mean that you have to agree or like it. You could buy a Shadow and get it home and hate it. Which is fine cause we all have different taste, likes and dislikes.

So I highly recommend going out and playing some pinball in the wild first.

Don't get over anxious and stress out. There's plenty of machines out there. You'll find a great one you guys love. But relax, have fun and enjoy bro.

Good Luck and welcome to Pinside and the Hobby. I hope this has helped.

PS-One machine leads to another and another and...

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from zarco:

ST:TNG No contest!
Steve

No contest because it's a $4K+ machine. No one sells that for $2-$3K.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

It sounds like TFTC and Shadow are the front-runners. Are my non-pinhead friends going to like Shadow, or is it too diffficult?

Shadow can be quite difficult. If you're worried about your friends liking the game, you may want to choose a different title.

#30 10 years ago

Herbert JUST beat me too it. LOL My sentiments exactly Herbert.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

I'd meet at $2100 (the OP of the thread you mentioned).

$2,100 less my commission. LOL J/K J/K

I hope you guys can swing a deal.

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

or different friends...
(just kidding)

LMAO CK.

#70 10 years ago

Here's a good YT vid on T3 if you think that's better than T2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinfidel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-pin-in-the-2k-3k-range-recommendations?tu=pinfidel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.