(Topic ID: 83460)

Looking for a pin in the $2k-3k range - recommendations?

By isJ

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bellbrand
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Picture 038.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Just like the title says, I am looking for a pin in the $2k-$3k range. I have heard good things about Whirlwind and The Shadow, anybody else have good titles that they could recommend? Anybody have a pin they want to part with in that price range?

#6 10 years ago

Some pins I like are White Water, Monster Bash, Elvira, Theatre of Magic, Johnny Mnemonic (but my wife would say no to that), Demolition Man (same goes). I live in Uptown so I mainly play at Mort's - haven't driven out to Blainbrook yet.

#9 10 years ago

So, who has something for sale?

#11 10 years ago

I know those are mostly out of my price range - but he asked about what pins I like. Is The Shadow 2-3 or not really? Looks like an interesting game.

#15 10 years ago

I saw the translite - there is an ad in the market with one, looks great but theyre asking 3700 How much should I pay for a redone TFTC? I see people say 1100-4000 so, help me out!

#20 10 years ago

All the responses are great! Anyone have The Shadow in the metro area that I could play? Any way to check? STTNG seems to be closer to 3.5-4.5k range - too much for me.

#24 10 years ago

Now to find somebody who will let me try these pins - all the arcades just have new machines around me. Hmm.

#26 10 years ago

It sounds like TFTC and Shadow are the front-runners. Are my non-pinhead friends going to like Shadow, or is it too diffficult?

#33 10 years ago

Nobody else really rallied around SST; why for?

#38 10 years ago

Woman with huge jumblies on the translite? Check. My wife likes cleavage, but not THAT much

#40 10 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback! Any other opinions on Whirlwind, or anything else I should seek out?

#46 10 years ago

Anyone want to weigh in on Revenge From Mars? Pricewise? I havent played one yet but there are a few near me... should I seek one out?

#67 10 years ago

I just got done checking out a Whirlwind that was pretty nice - it had two raised inserts, one of which led to the spinner on the right loop, with enough speed it seemed like the insert let the ball jump and hit the spinner too hard, slowing it down or even rejecting the ball.

The mylar around that insert and the extra ball insert was showing signs of peeling - if I lower the inserts with the c-clamp method, will that damage/peel the mylar even further? The table was in great shape otherwise, and the guy selling it was really honest and forthright.

#68 10 years ago

(this is the c-clamp method I saw)

#69 10 years ago

Anyone know? I just dont want to ruin the mylar when I start poking around.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-pin-in-the-2k-3k-range-recommendations?tu=isj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.