(Topic ID: 83460)

Looking for a pin in the $2k-3k range - recommendations?

By isJ

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bellbrand
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Picture 038.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Now to find somebody who will let me try these pins - all the arcades just have new machines around me. Hmm.

I have bought pins that I have never played before. The ratings on here and www.pinballreviews.com normally give a good gauge on how good or bad a machine is. Its important that you like the theme and how the pin looks too. I think 3k is a tough price point, it will get you a really nice B title or sometimes a beat up A title. That said, High Speed 2 for 2k, Fish Tales in the 2-2.5k range or shadow or no good gofers in the 2.5 to 3k range would all be good choices. I have had them all and all are great. I personally don't think rbion is a good first pin.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Nobody else really rallied around SST; why for?

Bad theme and kinda ugly. If you want to get something you will love and so will your non pinhead friends will love as well, the Getaway is the pin to get. Or Fish tales.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider don44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-pin-in-the-2k-3k-range-recommendations?tu=don44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.