You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

82610428-D0EA-4E5A-A7FC-6C49504C1C03 (resized).jpeg
Williams 50 Step Unit (resized).jpg
IMG_20180627_082013 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

Hello, just realized I am missing a third of my sound effects .

It looks like there is an arm which pushes down from the match unit everytime a single point is scored. I was wondering if anyone had a description or photo of what the mechansim should look like which would complete this, and actually ring the bell.

Thank you for your time.

IMG_20180627_082013 (resized).jpgIMG_20180627_082013 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago
Quoted from koji:

I was wondering if anyone had a description or photo of what the mechansim should look like which would complete this, and actually ring the bell.

Williams 50 Step Unit (resized).jpgWilliams 50 Step Unit (resized).jpg
You might be missing some kind of washer around the clapper, but mostly it just looks like the bell has slipped down and out of range of the clapper.

/Mark

#3 5 years ago

There's a good picture of your match unit on IPDB
https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2232&picno=28516&zoom=1

#4 5 years ago

The bell position is correct.

Mine has what appears to be a heavy ring/washer on the post that remains on yours. I’m trying to figure out a way to apply a rubber bushing between the ring washer and the post. Otherwise mine hits the bell, just not as nice a tone as I know it is capable of.

82610428-D0EA-4E5A-A7FC-6C49504C1C03 (resized).jpeg82610428-D0EA-4E5A-A7FC-6C49504C1C03 (resized).jpeg
#5 5 years ago

Thank you very much for all the help here! Yes, this is great. I feel silly for not noticing some of the pics, esp on IMDB.

MikeO, that looks like a pretty thick washer, maybe 1/4"? Does it slip off easily? it almost looks like there is a bevel on the inside?

thanks again-

#6 5 years ago

I’d say 3/16” thick.

It looks factory, especially compared to the picture above from the parts catalog. It could be a bevel. Seems like there should be some form of rubber bushing between the washer and stud. Mine is way too loose.

I know Gottlieb RM games inside and out bit these Williams games are new to me so I’m not sure how this is supposed to be set up.

#7 5 years ago

Awesome, thank you again for the picture and details. I should be able to get this dinging again . I'm really not into the sports theme for pinball, but the art and gameplay really standout for me. Art for the era, and gameplay because everyone who plays it really enjoys the flow and quality.

Quoted from MikeO:

I’d say 3/16” thick.
It looks factory, especially compared to the picture above from the parts catalog. It could be a bevel. Seems like there should be some form of rubber bushing between the washer and stud. Mine is way too loose.
I know Gottlieb RM games inside and out bit these Williams games are new to me so I’m not sure how this is supposed to be set up.

#8 5 years ago

It’s supposed to be loose so it doesn’t dampen the bell after it strikes it. Hard to find that striker arm!

You can play with the bell position as there is a slot on its bracket.

#9 5 years ago

I would try a washer that fits over the peg, held on by an e-clip that snaps on to the peg. If that fails, scrounge replacement arm.

8 months later
#10 4 years ago

Did you ever find a solution for the sloppy washer wacker-thingee? Looks like I am missing not only the bell shell, but the sloppy washer too.

3 months later
#11 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffc:

Did you ever find a solution for the sloppy washer wacker-thingee? Looks like I am missing not only the bell shell, but the sloppy washer too.

No, I messed around with different washers and clips to hold it in place, but over time it would manage to slip off. The 'E' clip as suggested above should do it tho. Great game, well worth the bit of work to get it sounding properly. Mines in sotrage until I can build some more space unfrotunately...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-picture-or-part-description-for-wms-soccer-1-point-bell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.