• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Red Thunderbolts_0676.jpg
acdctbtr1.jpg
acdctbtr.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RacerRik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I am thing about buying a set of the PinBits Lightning bolts and might get the red silk screened artwork for them but I would like to see a picture of it before I order. Anyone have these that might snap a photo? Their website says no photo available.

#2 10 years ago

Nobody has these on their game?

#4 10 years ago

I saw the video but can't get a good look at the red artwork from it. That's why I want a photo.

#6 10 years ago

I am not asking about the filter - I am interested in the red silk screened artwork piece that is optional for the front of the bolts. You can get just a glimpse of it in the video on their website if you watch closely. I think red bolts might look way awesome!

By the way, just watched your helicopter video - that is cool stuff there!!!

#7 10 years ago

Still looking for a picture of the red Thunderbolts.

#9 10 years ago

Thanks! Those do look awesome. I like the red better than the yellow or original color. Do you have blue artwork for the front piece or just the blue filters?

How durable are these? I already broke one of the stock thunderbolt plastics.

#12 10 years ago

Sounds great! Ordering them now.

#13 10 years ago

I ordered the Pinbits thunderbolts with the red art work and they are so nice. They look great just sitting there and then when you actually play the game, the light show they put on is awesome! Here is a close-up pic that really shows off how good they look.Red Thunderbolts_0676.jpgRed Thunderbolts_0676.jpg

#15 10 years ago

There is already a video linked on Pinbits website. Unfortunately, bright flashy lights don't really work for video. The only way you will know what these really look like in action is to see them in person. It is a bit of a leap of faith- but I think the effect is awesome!

I used to blow flashers on the left thunderbolt fairly often. I did not know why the left one was blowing but the middle and right one were not. Now that I have the LED thunderbolts I know why that left flasher bulb was blowing. When you hit the spinner, and you hear the "chunk-chunk-chunk" sound it makes, every chunk flashes that left thunderbolt. It is amazing! You know the flasher is doing the same thing but the effect is so weak you don't even notice it.

Also when playing the Thunderstruck song and you hear the thunder - all the bolts go off at the same time and strobe creating the lightning to go along with the thunder. It is just so cool!

I went with the red artwork because it really goes well with the game. The original yellow artwork and the standard yellow that comes with the Pinbits bolts just looks strange to me. The red with chrome trim just looks stunning.

I have been going back and forth on the filter. I tried the clear standard filter and the LEDs shine through as pretty noticeable spots. The color is also kind of a pink tint rather than red. The red filters tone down the LEDs a bit and give a nice red appearance to the thunderbolt flash without cutting down the brightness too much. The red is a close match to the flasher on the cannon ramp.

I also made some filters out of clear Lexan but frosted them on both side to blur the LEDs. That works pretty good to distribute the light from the LEDs but the color is again kind of pink. I will probably end up sticking with the red filters.

#17 10 years ago

Red Artwork with flashing starting at 1:30

It looks nothing like real life however. I have no way to make a video of my own game and don't think it would be any better even if I could. LEDs flashing just don't mix with video capture devices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
16,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RacerRik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-picture-of-the-pinbits-acdc-lightning-bolts-with-red-silk-screen?tu=RacerRik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.