Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by KING-HENRY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Just picked up a Revenge from Mars on Sunday & want to replace the playfield glass. Marco Specialties wants $250, ugggh. Rob Anthony does not ship glass & unfortunately I do not attend the shows he sells at, Planetary does not ship, Illinois Pinball does ship but I would have to strip the glass of coating that it comes with (husband said he is not into doing that), So any leads would be appreciated. My only other idea to save a little is wait until the Allentown Show & hope Marco have a special if you place an order at the show you get 10% off or something like that. Totally open to suggestions

#2 10 years ago

Evening Bump

#3 10 years ago

local glass company?
a decent mom/pop shop could do it and sell with sanded/buffed edges for about $100.
maybe more, depending on how much profit they want to make.

#4 10 years ago

A local mom and pop shop is unlikely to have the ability to partially silver the upper half of the playfield glass so it will properly reflect the image from the display in the back box.

#5 10 years ago

Think I have one in the shipping box it came to me in. Think I paid $150 shipped and happy to sell it to You for the $150. Just sold my RFM so no need for it. Not sure how much shipping would be??? If shipping is real pricey I'll split it with You.

PM me if interested

#6 10 years ago

I've been looking for replacment glass in MN. A number of custom glass shops (think shower doors, windows) will make a standard playfield-size, tempered glass panel (unpolished edge) for about $50. Pinballlife.com sells a two-pack for $69.95, plus about $30 shipping.

#7 10 years ago

RFM & SWE1 take a special 'partially mirrored' glass. Regular glass won't work (but you kow that since you are posting here). IPB used to have a large stockpile and will gladly ship. Rob Anthony used to have a supply, but don't think he'll ship.

Steve (in Escalon, CA)

#8 10 years ago

I you want a piece of glass order it threw Rob and let me know, I'll grab it in Dallas and ship it to you. Yes, you'll have to pay shipping. Steve is right normal glass will not work. We are set-up for shipping glass. As we are about to start shipping glass.

#9 10 years ago

I have a new sheet of P2K glass that I never installed. I sold my RFM, so I guess I should sell this glass. PM with an offers if you're interested.

Any ideas what this thing will cost to ship?

#10 10 years ago

Will rob be selling this is Dallas at TPF? I need to snag a sheet. I'd love a half mirrored half PDI glass hybrid for pin2000.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Steve_in_Escalon:

RFM & SWE1 take a special 'partially mirrored' glass. Regular glass won't work (but you kow that since you are posting here). IPB used to have a large stockpile and will gladly ship. Rob Anthony used to have a supply, but don't think he'll ship.
Steve (in Escalon, CA)

IPB recently received a shipment of the pinball 2000 glass in but they are not removing the coating that comes on it. You have to use a paint stripper to remove the coating and we are just not into that. They are selling it for $125 plus shipping, at least that is the price Kim quoted me earlier this week.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

I you want a piece of glass order it threw Rob and let me know, I'll grab it in Dallas and ship it to you. Yes, you'll have to pay shipping. Steve is right normal glass will not work. We are set-up for shipping glass. As we are about to start shipping glass.

PM Sent

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Darlene:

IPB recently received a shipment of the pinball 2000 glass in but they are not removing the coating that comes on it. You have to use a paint stripper to remove the coating and we are just not into that. They are selling it for $125 plus shipping, at least that is the price Kim quoted me earlier this week.

I'd like to hear more about this... sounds really strange. What kind of coating would come on it that would require paint stripper? The semi-reflective part of the P2K glass is a top coat, and you can remove it if you're not careful, so using a stripper sounds dangerous.

#14 10 years ago

They basically screen printed a gradient protective layer on the bare glass, then sprayed it with the reflective coating. It's what created the gradual reflection to full reflective area on the glass.

So you have to remove that screen printed protective coating in order to reveal the clear class under it.

I've done it on three sets of Pin2k glass. It's not too hard, but the paint stripper is wicked stuff. Just a tiny drop on your skin hurts like hell.

#15 10 years ago

Yeah, that is the reason he does not want to get involved with it. He just wants to be able to pop it in and be done.

#16 10 years ago

I think I have a stack of 5 sheets in a box of nos pin2k glass. Been a while since I looked if how many I have left. I'm near Boston

#17 10 years ago

Would you be willing to ship?

#18 10 years ago

Not likely... But I might be in jersey to see jack at jjp in a couple weeks. Maybe I can bring a sheet and u can come grab it

#19 10 years ago

Are you going to the Allentown show?

#20 10 years ago

Yes! We have two booths this year. If u want to wait till then just send me a reminder when we get close to the date. Ill confirm with u tonight that I still have them

#21 10 years ago

That would be great. I will be attending the show, it is only 45 minutes from where I live. Just PM me tonight & let me know how much it is. Thank you!

#22 10 years ago

if anyone going to attend MPE or PatZ (michigan) that has NOS p2k glass (or access to it), I would be interested in obtaining a sheet

#23 10 years ago

I have one and *might* be heading to the zoo, not sure.

#24 10 years ago

Looks like I found one.
Thanks Guys!

6 years later
#25 3 years ago

OLD THREAD, and happy New Year! I’m currently on the hunt for a nos or replica playfield glass for my new Revenge from Mars. Plz PM me if you have one, and are willing to ship. I will obviously pay for shipping and any other fees + the glass. Thanks!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-new-pinball-2000-playfield-glass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.