Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 14 years ago

I am currently looking to buy another pinball machine. However I only want to spend $2000-2500 any suggestions on fun machines in that range? I currently have older machines from late 70's to mid 80's, and I am looking for a “newer” one from 90's. I love all pinball, but any suggestions of machines in that pricerange would be appreciated. I know it depends on condition etc. but the prices online seem very inconsistant.

#2 14 years ago

Hey, your in Toronto area right? I always check kijiji.ca There are guys on there in the toronto area that have pinballs for sale. I bought my police force from a guy in collingwood.
    I really like the later 80s machines and 90s machines. Check that out there are lots on there!

#3 14 years ago

Thanks, I have been checking kijiji but most machines seem to be older ones.
    There is a guy in colling wood selling a Twilight Zone for $3000. But Im afraid that by the time I raise the extra funds it will be gone. Here are the machines that I am currently looking at, with a list of pro and cons. let me know what you think.

Bone Busters: PRO:I like the artwork. I have some 80b parts on hand and can fix
    it myself if something goes wrong. IPMD seems to give it a decent
    rateing.

CON: Machine is still a little too old and I might get bored of it quickly
    I already own some other gottliebs/ same era.

DR WHO : PRO: Liked the show as a kid, Think playfield has some neat
    features.

CON: Haven't played it enough to know if replay value is there, not that
    fond of atrwork on backglass.
    Maintainence, will I have to shop it if something breaks?

Nightmare on PRO: Like the theme, would look great in my game room.
    Elm Street

CON: Just Maintaince, How hard is it to fix/ replace worn parts eg.
    if something goes wrong with freddys head or claw.

IF I can get that twilight zone I will, But these are my other options.

#4 14 years ago

Terminator 2 and Bram Stokers Dracula would be my choices in that price range mate..infact there both under $2000

#5 14 years ago

Have you searched Ebay? There's probly 500 or so in your range, might have to have it shipped to your closest port, but hay. Watch the feedback and ask questions if you go by way of Ebay.

#6 14 years ago

Besides T2 and BSD I think White Water, Fish Tales, World Cup 94, Star Trek Tng might be in price range

#7 14 years ago

I bought my machine on Kijji. You can get some good deals on there

7 years later
    #8 7 years ago

So... what did you get?

#9 7 years ago

LOL the 7 year wait is killing us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 7 years ago

Too funny...

#11 7 years ago

It looks like he got Medieval Madness, according to his collection page. I think it's safe to say you can wrap up this discussion

#12 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

So... what did you get?

Quoted from ercvacation:

Yep 7 year itch has taken over.

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from ercvacation:

Haha, I was reading this and thinking "well, the TZ for $3,000 is clearly a scam", and the if OP finds any other title in this thread for < $3k USD, he should jump on it as fast as possible.

#14 7 years ago

yep, those prices are crazy....wish I was in the hobby then...

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

yep, those prices are crazy....wish I was in the hobby then...

The funny thing is nothing was really different. People were bitching about prices, people were bitching about Stern, people were bitching about people stealing their deals on craigslist. It was all the same nonsense except prices were half what they are now.

I remember getting price-policed because I was trying to sell a nice AFM for $3,500. And I got it too!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-new-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.