(Topic ID: 16861)

Looking for a NEW comprehensive rulesheet for 24..cant seem to find one vers 1.5

By Gerry

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Gerry
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• 24 Stern, 2009
#1 11 years ago

Found Pinball new for the old version1.4...but looking for the completed code version

BTW..this has been on my wish list, and now that i have a HUO like new one...i am having a blast...

lets hear from you other 24 owners

put my settings to har pulled the outlane post rubbers. and installed the LOTR coils in it..steep pitch and wOW what a bastard this game is now....

i am very happy

TIA

#2 11 years ago

The game is great. I like the shot flow. But the stock coils are plenty strong with properly rebuilt flippers. I can't imagine why a coil upgrade was needed. Did you put stock lotr coils in or the special pb life ones? On mine, shooting suit case ramp without suit case being open is already so fast that the ball sometimes flies off the wire ramp and into the shooter lane. Btw, a shaker and sub are both great enhancements for this game.

As for rule sheet, I haven't seen I've either. But the rules seem pretty straight forward. I like that you can progress the modes during the multiballs.

#3 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The game is great. I like the shot flow.

Fully agree. I feel the game is under-rated.

Quoted from markmon:But the stock coils are plenty strong with properly rebuilt flippers. I can't imagine why a coil upgrade was needed.

+1 I can even backhand the suitcase ramp sometimes on mine.

Like markmon also said, the rules are pretty strait forward. The Chloe targets when all lit, will credit you one shot for whatever mode your playing at that time. Also the AK targets progress the pops. The mole hurry up is also nice, and you can really get some playfield multipliers going on this game. I know to reach Save the President, you need to have kicked all three multi-balls and completed 3 modes. I've never been to Master Agent, so not totally sure on that one.

Congrats on the new machine!

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

The game is great. I like the shot flow. But the stock coils are plenty strong with properly rebuilt flippers. I can't imagine why a coil upgrade was needed. Did you put stock lotr coils in or the special pb life ones? On mine, shooting suit case ramp without suit case being open is already so fast that the ball sometimes flies off the wire ramp and into the shooter lane. Btw, a shaker and sub are both great enhancements for this game.
As for rule sheet, I haven't seen I've either. But the rules seem pretty straight forward. I like that you can progress the modes during the multiballs.

I like alot of pitch and the stock ones ..even on coil pulse HARD were a bit weak feeling....

The mechanicals in the flipper assy's are super clean and tight...but they still felt a bit weak to me...

So, i put the LOTR PL life coils in there...put them in CSI and in IM today as well...HOLY F%&K...what a differance....

all 3 of these games are rippin right now, and the airballs are to a minimum...no more or no less on IM than before...on all 3 for that matter...

but on a side note, my Sopranos with coil pulse on HARD seems just fine with nice speed-feel and flow.... but it is a different game, so i dont know....

I am spoiled from the feel of Capcom flippers...they are awesome !

Just got this game friday from Eric Bundy, and it is a HUO example and it is absolutely like it came out of the box...

has shaker, and tournement button installed.....and i have a Sony SA-W2500 10 external 100w sub hooked up...i have this sub on ALL my games and, it is great....

I am really diggin the rules so far that i am discovering... been going off pinball news's write up on 24 for version 1.4....it has taught me alot so far...even though their wirite up is off unfinished code it is good information...

this game is rippin fast right now, and VERY challenging to say the least....

I LOVE different styled PF layouts..and this one has it... TONS of fun.. and very frustrating at times..

if you dont know how to nudge..this game will eat you alive.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

markmon said:

I like alot of pitch and the stock ones ..even on coil pulse HARD were a bit weak feeling....
The mechanicals in the flipper assy's are super clean and tight...but they still felt a bit weak to me...
So, i put the LOTR PL life coils in there...put them in CSI and in IM today as well...HOLY F%&K...what a differance....
all 3 of these games are rippin right now, and the airballs are to a minimum...no more or no less on IM than before...on all 3 for that matter...
but on a side note, my Sopranos with coil pulse on HARD seems just fine with nice speed-feel and flow.... but it is a different game, so i dont know....
I am spoiled from the feel of Capcom flippers...they are awesome !
Just got this game friday from Eric Bundy, and it is a HUO example and it is absolutely like it came out of the box...
has shaker, and tournement button installed.....and i have a Sony SA-W2500 10 external 100w sub hooked up...i have this sub on ALL my games and, it is great....
I am really diggin the rules so far that i am discovering... been going off pinball news's write up on 24 for version 1.4....it has taught me alot so far...even though their wirite up is off unfinished code it is good information...
this game is rippin fast right now, and VERY challenging to say the least....
I LOVE different styled PF layouts..and this one has it... TONS of fun.. and very frustrating at times..
if you dont know how to nudge..this game will eat you alive.

I also set the game rules to HARD....there is EXTRA HARD available..but i didnt want to make it too difficult....its hard enough now

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I think you really need to learn about flipper rebuilding. If your car is moving slow because your tires are flat, you don't need to replace the engine. It's like that. It doesn't matter if the parts seemed clean and tight. I rebuilt my flippers on a batman that was new in box and felt a bit weak and the flipper strength improved dramatically. Using the white flipper adjustment tool is key. All my stern games are set to normal coil pulse. on 24, I can easily backhand the suitcase ramp. The left flipper shot, as I said, is so strong that the ball often flies off the ramp. The center ramp shot is extremely strong with either flipper. Stronger coils than this will only break stuff and put extra wear one your boards. On my ironman, the stock coils are also very strong. The game is extremely fast. Shots to the left ramp have even gotten a little air.

#7 11 years ago

Not looking to argue here, but why did Terry come out with these coils in the first place ?

guys are putting these on brand new LOTR's... there is a reason...that game has one ramp that is really not even steep....and all the shots are close ( mid way in the PF)...that says something about stern coils verses the Sega-DE coils....and yep i know Sega = Stern ...

all the Sega DE games i have had i always run the coil pulse on hard...in S-DE games you can see a huge difference...in Stern, not so much...

MY IM was HUO as well as this super low play 24...and i put coil pulse on hard from day 1... it was better, but just OK...they both have plays, but not 10,000 plays, and there is no way they need rebuilds...and they just arent as strong as Sega-DE games..

I like that strong feel....did you ever see Capcom coils...they are monsters like Terry's... and they work awesome.... My Airborne is SICK !

with the PBL coils the Stern game's feels right....this is the first time i used Terry's coils, and i couldn't be happier...

i guess we have to agree to disagree....

I am stoked you like your 24 as well.....

lots of people are missing out on a great title here.....

#8 11 years ago

Terry came out with those coils for lotr because lotr ramp magnet is at the very back of the playfield. In destroy the ring mode, one ball is held by the magnet and you need enough power to knock it out with another ball. This has to travel all the way up the playfield, jump the ramp, land in the ring, and hit hard enough to knock the second ball out against the force of a magnet holding it in place. This is way more than is required for 24 or ironman. In fact, those games don't even take stock 5020's. You went up 2-3 coil strengths.

For the record, those coils are also not needed in lotr if the flippers are properly rebuilt. I just redid a lotr, waxed the playfield, and the flippers with stock coils are incredibly strong.

Stern uses very strong coils. They may not use the proper flipper gap tool from the factory. This may cause some lack of strength in some machines. Easily fixed though without stronger coils.

As for being HUO with low plays, it doesn't matter. As I said, I had to rebuilt a dark knight new in box. Turning up pulse power isn't an argument for this either. That's like adding turbo to a car with flat tires. It doesn't get to the root of the problem.

Anyways, I'm not telling you that your flippers weren't weak. I'm telling you that special coils are not the answer.

#9 11 years ago

I did not care for the toys but liked the flow of the game alot.

I only played 3 games on it so my opinion is not going to count for much.

Fast game, good flow, good shot map. Rules looked deep but didn't figure it all out in 3 games.

I just thought the toys to be cheap and not interactive enough for my taste.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Terry came out with those coils for lotr because lotr ramp magnet is at the very back of the playfield. In destroy the ring mode, one ball is held by the magnet and you need enough power to knock it out with another ball. This has to travel all the way up the playfield, jump the ramp, land in the ring, and hit hard enough to knock the second ball out against the force of a magnet holding it in place. This is way more than is required for 24 or ironman. In fact, those games don't even take stock 5020's. You went up 2-3 coil strengths.
For the record, those coils are also not needed in lotr if the flippers are properly rebuilt. I just redid a lotr, waxed the playfield, and the flippers with stock coils are incredibly strong.
Stern uses very strong coils. They may not use the proper flipper gap tool from the factory. This may cause some lack of strength in some machines. Easily fixed though without stronger coils.
As for being HUO with low plays, it doesn't matter. As I said, I had to rebuilt a dark knight new in box. Turning up pulse power isn't an argument for this either. That's like adding turbo to a car with flat tires. It doesn't get to the root of the problem.
Anyways, I'm not telling you that your flippers weren't weak. I'm telling you that special coils are not the answer.

As for rebuilding on a NIB BDK...explaing the "rebuilding"....I'm not getting it...

and i would like to know what you did...

i am having a hard time wraping my head around rebuilding flippers on a NIB....thanks Gerry

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, OR
$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anniston, AL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-new-comprehensive-rulesheet-for-24cant-seem-to-find-one-vers-15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.