(Topic ID: 273236)

Looking for a "lock ring" for a mid-late 1950s Bally bingo

By BlackCatBone

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lock cup on Bally Key West bingo flyer (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

Bally introduced the "lock ring" in 1956, as far as I can tell. They used lock rings on their line of bingo games as well as some novelty games such as Skill-Roll. I'm not sure when the rings were discontinued. If you've got one you'd sell that isn't bent or rusted, I'm interested. The part is circled in red on this flyer for Bally Key West. I just need the ring, not the lock. Thanks.

Lock cup on Bally Key West bingo flyer (resized).pngLock cup on Bally Key West bingo flyer (resized).png
    #3 3 years ago
    Quoted from BlackCatBone:

Bally introduced the "lock ring" in 1956, as far as I can tell. They used lock rings on their line of bingo games as well as some novelty games such as Skill-Roll. I'm not sure when the rings were discontinued. If you've got one you'd sell that isn't bent or rusted, I'm interested. The part is circled in red on this flyer for Bally Key West. I just need the ring, not the lock. Thanks.
    [quoted image]

PM me.

#4 3 years ago

Be careful, the rings don't always fit the locks they sell new. You may have to adapt. I've had issues where the lock won't seat through the ring properly.

#5 3 years ago

I just noticed(ah) that I don't have a "ring" on my machine(Bikini) either!?!?
    How does it attach?
    Terry K

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from Terry1:

I just noticed(ah) that I don't have a "ring" on my machine(Bikini) either!?!?
    How does it attach?
    Terry K

The lock itself holds it on. I only use them if the door has been pried open. The ring will hide some damage to that area.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from okorange:

Be careful, the rings don't always fit the locks they sell new. You may have to adapt. I've had issues where the lock won't seat through the ring properly.

Very true. You may have to use an offset cam to account for the thickness of the ring or sometimes file a little off of one side of the opening on the ring for the lock to fit through. No big deal though.

#8 3 years ago

Thanks for your generous help, Dennis.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-lock-ring-for-a-mid-late-1950s-bally-bingo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.