Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Happy Easter (resized).jpg
The Tool (resized).JPG
ct511_primary (resized).jpg
FZWK4X6IRKFO845.MEDIUM (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hi,
I'm new here. I own a Barrel-o-Fun that's in need of some maintenance. I need a tool that will allow me to replace the bingo card lamps easily. The problem is the bulbs are all recessed so I can't twist them with my fingers. A needle nose pliers doesn't provide enough grip on the bulb without damaging it. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thanks.

#3 7 years ago

Cut a short length of 1/2" x 3/8" tubing. I just use the tube alone, it's about the only thing that will get in recessed sockets without breakage. A pic of one with a DIY 'handle"

FZWK4X6IRKFO845.MEDIUM (resized).jpgFZWK4X6IRKFO845.MEDIUM (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

It doesn't give you a whole lot of reach but I have had a lot of luck especially with backboard lamps using a rubber shooter rod tip. Also PBR and some other usual suppliers sell a bulb removal tool that works pretty well...

Tom

#5 7 years ago

Thanks!

#6 7 years ago

All i use is a piece of two way tape. one side stuck to my fingers and the other side stuck to the bulb. If in a tight spot, use two small pieces of two way foam tape on some needle nose pliers.

#7 7 years ago

Pinball resource has a nice tool. It is a long cilinder of rubber different size on each end, one for standard 44 / 47 lamps and one size for the larger blinkers. You press it over the bulb push down and twist. Works very well for me. You can use to remove and replace bulbs.

#8 7 years ago

Spark plug boot.

ct511_primary (resized).jpgct511_primary (resized).jpg

1 month later
#9 7 years ago

I just got a bulb extraction tool.
The best one I have ever used. I have changed a lot of bulbs(miniature)
through the years! This tool has nice soft rubber and grabs the lamp nicely!!
Part is "OR-55"; google it and you can find it easy!

The Tool (resized).JPGThe Tool (resized).JPG

#10 7 years ago

Happy Easter every one!
Terry K

Happy Easter (resized).jpgHappy Easter (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-lamp-replacement-tool?hl=edhalsim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.