Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Spirit of 76 A-15870 (resized).jpg
20220919_195151_resized (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 11.08.21 PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 1 year ago

Hello everyone.....

I'm wondering if anyone here knows where to source one of these?

Here's an older thread where it was discussed but no real source was found.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottliebpioneerhelp-needed-with-part-number

Thanks for any replies in advance.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2 1 year ago

I was looking for it in the parts catalog as well, too, and found nothing. One of the tabs on mine was broken off and since I couldn't find a new one, I had a friend weld it back on. I was able to grind, sand, and smooth it down fairly well. Polished up real nice, too. If yours is too broken or whatever to fix, and you can't find a replacement, having one made shouldn't be too difficult.

The repaired tab is the one on the right. The piece was pretty rusty and wavy, too. Had to smooth it out a bit.

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 11.08.21 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-18 at 11.08.21 PM (resized).png
#3 1 year ago

Thanks for the reply. I am considering purchasing the machine but it's missing this part completely. I do not know of anyone that could easily (and cheaply) make me one from scratch unfortunately. I cant justify buying the machine if I cant get a pretty important part that's missing from the playfield, making the machine basically unplayable.

You and your friend did a great job on your repair..... it looks great!

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from ramsrule:

Thanks for the reply. I am considering purchasing the machine but it's missing this part completely. I do not know of anyone that could easily (and cheaply) make me one from scratch unfortunately. I cant justify buying the machine if I cant get a pretty important part that's missing from the playfield, making the machine basically unplayable.
You and your friend did a great job on your repair..... it looks great!

this looks to be it. can pass it along... 2.5 inches across the opening. and Ive also reproduced the covering plastic...
20220919_195151_resized (resized).jpg20220919_195151_resized (resized).jpg

Spirit of 76 A-15870 (resized).jpgSpirit of 76 A-15870 (resized).jpg
#5 1 year ago

I honestly don't think it'd be all that hard to make one by hand using a small sheet you can buy from Home Depot or Lowe's. The hardest part would be getting that large curve correct, but that's just a matter of finding something close to that shape to bend it around, or making your own mold for the curve out of a couple 2x4's.

I'm tempted to redraw it in a CAD program and have a bunch of them made to sell, but I'm sure PBR would be knocking on my door.

#6 1 year ago

Pinball Resource has many of these in stock.

Part number is:
A5891

#7 1 year ago
Quoted from That370Z:

Pinball Resource has many of these in stock.
Part number is:
A5891

Bingo. A whopping $8.35. Under our nose the whole time:

http://www.pbresource.com/FastDraw.html

I always forget to check the games that have extremely similar layouts to the one I've got....

#8 1 year ago

great find guys! Appreciate that. Now to see if I can make a deal on the machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-kick-hole-guard-backplate-for-spirit-of-76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.