3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ForceFlow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2020-12-06 23.12.05 (resized).jpg
    2020-12-06 23.12.15 (resized).jpg
    2020-12-06 23.11.59 (resized).jpg
    2020-12-06 23.12.41 (resized).jpg
    2020-12-06 23.12.24 (resized).jpg
    81OnJkXfNEL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    spin_prod_819657012 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

In my current abode, I am very short of closet space, so all my tools & parts are in a bunch of disorganized boxes (either cardboard topless shipping boxes or the cheap $1 shoebox container from Wal-Mart) currently under a couple of pins. I've had it with this system. I want to organize all this stuff into some type of rolling wagon that has the main requirement that it can be stowed under a single pin, 2 deep (i.e., one in the back and one in the front), and that can be easily be rolled around.

I am open to any suggestions, but something I can get from Amazon, Wal-Mart or Harbor Freight is preferred.

#2 3 years ago

Plush carpet is going to require big wheels, hardwood can use smaller ones.

You might be able to put some wheels under a Top Tool Chest, then when you get into a bigger space, put it on top of a regular tool box

spin_prod_819657012 (resized).jpgspin_prod_819657012 (resized).jpg
    #3 3 years ago

I have something like this

https://www.amazon.com/Keter-17191709-Master-Pro-Sliding/dp/B005ZQNTWU

I used it to keep commonly used tools for quick jobs.

For pin supplies, I have a much bigger rolling tool chest that is in a closet when not in use.

81OnJkXfNEL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg81OnJkXfNEL._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
    #4 3 years ago

I bought this briefcase from Vector years ago. The accessibility and visibility of the tools is great. It's a bit of a mess, I'm in the middle of a shop job, but you get the idea. Everything goes back into the same spot, at least that is the plan. It's a constant work in progress as you favor different tools over time. I'm an electrician and have been using Veto Pro Pac bags for years, this is the way to work. It's a similar setup. I do keep some tools in bags, but I want my major tools visible and in the same spot every time. I believe cfh posted a similar setup in one of his early videos as well.

I'm trying to integrate my rolling cart and this is a work in progress that needs some refining. The idea is to roll the cart out of the living area after I'm done working. Unfortunately I'm never done working, and I have the games packed so tight I need to move a game to roll it out. First world problems.

I can do 95% of work out of that Platt briefcase. I don't see a need for one of those big bulky automotive style tool boxes. I have them and find them terribly disorganized.

2020-12-06 23.11.59 (resized).jpg2020-12-06 23.11.59 (resized).jpg2020-12-06 23.12.05 (resized).jpg2020-12-06 23.12.05 (resized).jpg2020-12-06 23.12.15 (resized).jpg2020-12-06 23.12.15 (resized).jpg2020-12-06 23.12.24 (resized).jpg2020-12-06 23.12.24 (resized).jpg2020-12-06 23.12.41 (resized).jpg2020-12-06 23.12.41 (resized).jpg
    #5 3 years ago
    Quoted from ReadyPO:

I have something like this
    amazon.com link »
    I used it to keep commonly used tools for quick jobs.
    For pin supplies, I have a much bigger rolling tool chest that is in a closet when not in use.
    [quoted image]

I have the Craftsman version, which is identical.

I carry 3 divided containers with diodes, transistors, caps, chips, sockets, 2 larger divided containers with fuses, connector housings and pins, a 12" toolbox with all the tools I can stuff in it, soldering iron, Hakko desoldering tool, LED work light, various test modules and a bunch of random stuff in the divided bins on top.

I take it with me for onsite repairs and also take it to shows. It can easily be stored under a game and the latch can be locked with a padlock.

2 weeks later
    #6 3 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I was considering one of those carts, but it seems like the wheels are sub-par. Instead, I found this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Stacker-Document-Box/36573022

which is perfect because it fits most every tool (I have some big hammers and a plumber's wrench that can go in my old canonical toolbox), and it's shallow enough so that tools aren't more than a tool or two deep.

I'm going to build my own dolly using planked 1 x 10s (or whatever) & these wheels:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085RQFMYR

So I will be able to fit every thing heavy in 6 of the boxes, and have them stacked in a pair of 3s, allowing me to even put another box on top, which will have all the soldering stuff. Perfect. I haven't even built the wagon, but just the 6 boxes have immensely decluttered the area. (The only clutter now is pin parts that I need to install, LOL.)

I still have 3 of these caddy things:

https://www.amazon.com/Alpine-Industries-3-Compartment-Plastic-Cleaning/dp/B07NVWK2VX

for stuff that stands up like Wildcat cleaner, Novus, Noxon, WD-40, etc., and for jumpers & multimeters. These things have some volume to it, so I can't so neatly densify them, and the handle makes them very portable. A battle for another day.

#7 3 years ago

Most of my tools fit in this bag:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EDTSZG

Although, with everything I have in it, it's at least 50lbs; possibly more. The big benefit of that bag is that I can just pick it up and go where I need to with it--either around the house or out on the road.

Cleaning supplies, soldering stuff, and electronics have their own separate boxes, parts containers, and parts drawers.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-good-tool-wagon-that-can-fit-under-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.