(Topic ID: 270280)

looking for a good source for 6802

By arcademan1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider G-P-E.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

Real ones? Good luck.

#6 3 years ago

As well as counterfeits - which most buyers cannot differentiate.

#7 3 years ago

Based on photos, I see two good listings for what may be NOS and unused-
    Set of nine with proper markings and clear tooling holes: 114188425558
    Set of five properly marked and clear tooling holes: 152215959476
    Of course, this assumes that what they ship to you actually matches the photos.
    Item 114188425558 is from a US seller, your best bet at legit parts.

About a half dozen of pulled parts which also look legit.
    A few other US sellers that are higher than Jameco.
    My absolute favorite is from Israel, genuine MC6802L parts (industrial temp grade). Priced at $700 each. Item 312154544277.

Obvious Counterfeits on page of ebay MC6802 search page:
    ... and many, many more

#9 3 years ago

Too bad Jameco doesn't have reviews of parts on their website.
    Jameco is treading on thin ice by selling parts like that.
    I know of at least one supplier that has become quite pissed at Jameco for doing this. This particular manufacturer offers *new* parts but these parts cost more than the Chinese counterfeits. Jameco has continued to resell remarks that compete with one of their own suppliers.

The government has been going after resellers in the US that are reselling counterfeits (remarks count as counterfeit). Their first stage is to issue cease and desist type warnings. A few have apparently ignored multiple warnings and the gov has gone after them. So far the biggest fine has been $1M plus jail time but they have been touting fines can be issued as high as $2M per incident plus up to 10 years jail. To be honest, I have no idea as to how Jameco has steered clear of this ... so far.

#11 3 years ago

For many of these parts - that's the $1M question.
    Short answer: There no dependable source for many of these. Normally, your best choice at real parts is to buy from US sellers but many of them have now become contaminated with Chinese crap (e.g. Jameco).

Some careful scrutinizing of ebay parts will occasionally get you winners. NEVER trust Chinese sellers - vast majority are selling used remarks. If you do buy from them - test them immediately, leave appropriate feedback only after testing and submit claims if they don't work.

#14 3 years ago

They might work, they might not. If they don't work - file a claim.

#16 3 years ago

A lot of this has to do with my 35 years of work in the semiconductor and electronics field. There is no single source of info.

On-Semiconductor (what used to be Motorola) used to have the 68xx series parts Last-Time-Buy and Last-Time-Ship announcements on their website. The last time shipments of these parts lasted about a year longer than they originally expected. Last time buy for this series was December(I think) of 1999 with shipments (and date codes) going into year 2001.

Also need to know how to compare date codes to manufacturer and manufacturer part numbers.
    For example: On-Semiconductor's QA sent me an email stating that the Motorola logo was last used on parts on 22 July 2000. Any parts with date codes beyond 0028 with the Motorola logo is counterfeit.

Several other things to know such as when Rockwell became Conexant, when GE bought RCA, when Harris bought GE and when Texas Instruments bought Harris.

Lots of other gotchas such as used parts and retinned legs, sanded and repainted (black topped) ICs, etc.

#18 3 years ago

Down to just over 13K of these remaining in stock.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider G-P-E.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-good-source-for-6802?tu=G-P-E and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.