Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by ccotenj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from GPS:

Hi Guys,
    Thanks to all who took the time to respond. I looked at Jacks Open and maybe I am missing something?? It just looks like the game could get sort of boring with no pop bumpers and mostly just drop targets. What am I not getting?
    G

in addition to what the tuna says in the quote below...

jacks open may be something you have to play to appreciate... it requires accurate shots, many of which must be played with the ball in motion, as attempting to cradle the ball must be done judiciously... it allows for a couple of different strategies, and you can change your strategy mid-game if needed... for example, i have beaten mine several times on score without ever lighting the special, and conversely have popped many specials without coming close to beating it on score (i have my replay levels set pretty high)...

Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

It actually has 3 pop bumpers, but other cool features are:
    1) The unique progressive order of the drop targets. You need to complete the hands in the order shown on the playfield. Once you complete this sequence, only the red (royal flush hand) cards pop up repeatedly for special.
    2) The strategy involved with the four top rollover lanes. Every time all four are completed, the drop target sequence progresses one hand. One option is to wait to hit the 4th lane until you're going for a drop target hand higher in the required sequence.
    3) The challenge of hitting a particular drop target and then keeping the ball from draining.
    4) The challenge of the open gaps in the return lanes.
    5) The bitchin' backglass artwork and overall colors.
    6) It's poker man!

re: #3... if i had a dollar for every time i cussed out that center queen dt, i'd be a wealthy man...

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from hoov:

Or, if you had a dollar for every time you lost it through an open elbow........

then i'd be a REALLY wealthy man...

i cuss at myself for that though... you'd think that i'd learn... but NOOOOOOOO....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ccotenj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-card-themed-gtb-wedgehead?tu=ccotenj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.