(Topic ID: 273075)

Looking for a 10 cent Bally big time coin acceptor

By alb0711

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I’m looking to buy a 10 cent coin acceptor for my Big Time. I only need the acceptor unit that snaps into the bracket on the coin door. Searched eBay and Pinsude market but no luck. I’m not sure about it’s compatibility with other Bally machines from that era. Anybody have an extra or a lead? It seems to me that bingos are a lot more fun when playing with coins as opposed to a fee play switch.

Thx
Allen

#2 3 years ago

they're usually called "coin rejectors", and they are still made with the same form factor.

dime ones are less common and can be a bit of a hassle since dimes are the most irregular of the coins due to wear changing the weight.

usually the slot in the rail is big enough for a nickel, and nickel mechs are more common. You'd need the little coin guide trapezoids that screw onto the mech frame to change to nickels, and change the score card if you care.

I probably have nickel and dime mechs someplace, and if not, the pacific pinball museum warehouse has lots which aren't used. I won't likely be at their warehouse for at least a couple weeks, but if you don't find something in the meantime, contact me at the bingo.cdyn.com web site and I'll stick it on the scrounge list.

#3 3 years ago

I'm sure I have a dime mech that will work for you, I'm out in Aurora. What part of town are you in?

#4 3 years ago

When I was looking to replace my quarter coin mech, I went direct to the manufacurer and purchased a nickel mech. I originally thought new mech would be hard to find. I was wrong

#5 3 years ago

The metal slot on the Top of the wooden lock bar is dime sized so I think I’ll keep it at a dime. I suppose the lightness of the dimes also made them less then ideal. Never thought about them being problematic. I plan on having a large jar of dimes for play so will just eliminate the bad ones when I come across them.

I also thought this would be hard to find!

Bally part number is as-277-27

Okorange -I’m in highlands ranch, not too far away except I’m recovering from a ladder accident and can’t drive yet. I’m happy to pay for part and shipping. IM me and we’ll get something figured out.

Thanks all for the help!
Allen

#6 3 years ago

Check your messages Allen.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-a-10-cent-bally-big-time-coin-acceptor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.