Space Station Dimension 1.jpg
Space Station 3D.jpg
20200404_221201 (resized).jpg
Space Station 3D (resized).jpg
CFTBL - Snackbar Mod v3.0 (resized).jpg
AC:DC - PinballMikeD AC:DC LCD Stage Mod 1 (resized).png
AC:DC - PinballMikeD AC:DC LCD Stage Model (resized).jpg
20200514_091853 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apinjunkie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

so as fate would have it, it seems I'm the last person on the planet that doesn't have a 3D printer. Looking for someone that wants to take on the project of Printing the space shuttle scaffolding that appears over the pop bumpers in 3D. I already have an astronaut that works to scale , just need the scaffolding. Any takers? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

20200514_091853 (resized).jpg20200514_091853 (resized).jpg
#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You know, you might try Upwork or one of those similar sites (Fiver, etc) you post the plastic and how much you’re willing to pay - you really need a 3D model (.obj or .stl file) to be created. That can then be printed. My band has gotten numerous things done for not very much $$ - $100 for custom (2D) artwork for example. You’re looking for a model of an existing piece of art, which may be even easier.
Once you have that file, I’m sure someone here would help you print it - or talk to one of the modders and work out a deal for a cut of every one they print perhaps.

thanks for the input, I'm new to 3D printing, is there free software available for download so that I can produce my own .obj or.stl files, and is one format preferred over the other or more common as far as the printers go?

#8 3 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback and insight, I hate learning new software but when it's pinball related I don't mind taking one for the team. Being that it is all pretty asymmetrical what I want to do perhaps tinkercad would be my best bet for starts.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

https://swinks.com.au/[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Smart move ... his work is beyond reproach, easy to deal with ... great asset to this hobby .

Gave tinkercad a try, not really in my wheelhouse. Should be a simple process for someone who knows what they're doing though.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Shouldn't be too difficult and would look good on the game. Here is a grab I did of a quick knock up in Solidworks.
[quoted image]

Very impressive indeed! PM sent

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It looks like the scaffolding connecting the circles is the same on all sides, not solid.

That was my take on it as well, needs a few tweaks but overall great design.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

It was a quick draft I did whilst ‘working’ from home.

Andrew I think it's looking awesome, I'll have a chance later this afternoon or early evening to send you out that scan, thank you

#23 3 years ago

So my question of the day is,there a clear or translucent medium the model can be rendered with? My pops are currently lit with a comet cluster, where all the lighting effect is in the center of the pop and some of that may get lost like it does when the Plastics are installed. I could simply switch to a ring style of light but I got to thinking, if this was rendered in a transparent material I could dye or reverse paint the cones so that I would still get a lighting effect coming up through the base of the model.

20200404_221201 (resized).jpg20200404_221201 (resized).jpg
#25 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

I think we are done.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There is translucent PLA which does a pretty good job distributing light (although it’s hard to tell with the model in question here), and there’s also transparent PETG. So you have options.

Thanks, good to know I thought there must be. Wondering if one material is going to be more rigid or fragile than the next. Also, huzzah! I now have the .stl file and I'm currently shopping around for someone willing to print. Local libraries are all still closed due to the covid-19 , so reaching out here.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisel:

Would you be willing to share the file? I may be able to get this printed. I have a couple buddies with printers.

Absolutely would, just put an invite out on the shuttle Club thread to check it out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Apinjunkie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-3d-modders?tu=Apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.