Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gott_Lieb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

Looking for 2 Williams system 3-6 drop target assemblies

Added: 2016-11-23 18:00:17 UTC • Ended: August 9th, 2019

Price

Wanted

Title says it all, anybody have some for sale or know where to look?

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are EAZ's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to EAZ's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Phoenix, AZ, US

#2 7 years ago

How many drop targets in each assembly are you looking for?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

How many drop targets in each assembly are you looking for?

Exactly!

I have some complete assemblies from a Laser Ball

#4 7 years ago

OK, Firepower. So you need 3 sets of 3 drop target assemblies?

I have (1) 3 drop assembly

#5 7 years ago

I've got a semi-populated Firepower Playfied that probably has them that I can pull them from - I can check tonight to make sure. PM if interested...

#6 7 years ago

Only prototype FP's came with drops. I'm guessing the OP is looking for (2) 3 bank DT's to convert his stand up targets to drop targets.

#7 7 years ago

If you are looking for drop target banks to retrofit into a Firepower, use Gottlieb drop target banks. You'll thank me later.

Jim

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from IceCreamMan:

Only prototype FP's came with drops. I'm guessing the OP is looking for (2) 3 bank DT's to convert his stand up targets to drop targets.

This is correct, 2 3 bank drop targets.. looking to convert my firepower to drop targets.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

I've got a semi-populated Firepower Playfied that probably has them that I can pull them from - I can check tonight to make sure. PM if interested...

pm sent, however its only prototype playfields that came with them.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Gott_Lieb:

If you are looking for drop target banks to retrofit into a Firepower, use Gottlieb drop target banks. You'll thank me later.
Jim

Hi Jim, Why use gottlieb drop target banks? All the conversion guides say to use the williams 3-6 drop target banks. I couldnt find any additional information on how they differ, compatible with wiring harness, etc.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

OK, Firepower. So you need 3 sets of 3 drop target assemblies?
I have (1) 3 drop assembly

I need two 3 drop target assemblies. pm sent.

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from EAZ:

Hi Jim, Why use gottlieb drop target banks?

Reliability, probably.

#13 7 years ago

Reliability when scoring (Gottlieb drop targets will consistently drop) and reliability when all drops are down, and the bank is supposed to reset. Williams drop targets from that era are nearly the worst of any drop target made, IMHO. They brick, the sluggishly drop, and the banks wear more than any other. It's just not a very good design.

However, if you want to stay with WMS original banks, I recommend getting replacement circuit boards for each target and new horseshoe contacts.

Jim

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Gott_Lieb:

Reliability when scoring (Gottlieb drop targets will consistently drop) and reliability when all drops are down, and the bank is supposed to reset. Williams drop targets from that era are nearly the worst of any drop target made, IMHO. They brick, the sluggishly drop, and the banks wear more than any other. It's just not a very good design.
However, if you want to stay with WMS original banks, I recommend getting replacement circuit boards for each target and new horseshoe contacts.
Jim

Thanks Jim, Which drop targets should I look at for Gottlieb? ie system 80? i may have to anyways as i'm having difficulty locating williams ones

#15 7 years ago

System 1 or 80/80A/80B will work. One like this - ebay.com link: itm You just can't use the last generation DT bank where the bank's reset coil is directly below the bank like a WMS is.

You will then have to tap some holes that are already drilled on the frame on the back side of the bank and add 3 NO switches. Diodes will have to be added to the switches. These switches will be your momentary closure, points scoring switches. The operation of these switches is just like a GTB EM, if you are familiar with them. The switches on the front will have to be tied in series, and a single diode added too. These will become your series switch (all drops down).

The added switches I used were similar to the M-SW-LCIR switches on PBR's specials page, minus the little circuit board - http://www.pbresource.com/special.html (http://www.pbresource.com/special/m-sw-lcir.jpg).

I converted my Flash many years ago, and have not had any issues with it. I've never converted a Firepower, however, I recommended using GTB targets to one of the guys in our local pinball group. He was happy with the results. He has since sold the game off though. If you need pics of what a converted bank looks like, LMK. I'll try to get some pics.

Jim

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-2-williams-system-3-6-drop-target-assemblies and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.