Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Max_Badazz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

#1 10 years ago

Hi, im looking for 1st pinball machine for me and kids. I am in Se Pa. 45 minutes NW or Philly. Anybody have something for me let me know.

#2 10 years ago

I have a Fire Power II for $690

#3 10 years ago

Lots of great 80's titles in that price range. If it were me, I would be after the following:

- Sorcerer
    - Comet
    - Space Shuttle
    - Pinbot
    - High Speed
    - F-14 Tomcat
    - Mousin' Around

Be patient and try out a lot of different games first. Also have your kids play the machines to see what they like.

Good luck!

#4 10 years ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Lots of great 80's titles in that price range. If it were me, I would be after the following:
    - Sorcerer
    - Comet
    - Space Shuttle
    - Pinbot
    - High Speed
    - F-14 Tomcat
    - Mousin' Around
    Be patient and try out a lot of different games first. Also have your kids play the machines to see what they like.
    Good luck!

$750 max won't get you these games these days unfortunately. Sad

#5 10 years ago

In the past 6 months, I have seen the following machines on my local Craigslist for $750 or less and they were still available when I inquired about them...so I have to disagree.

Space Shuttle
    Comet
    Pinbot (a few of these popped up in the last year in the $700-$900 range)
    Mousin' Around - listed at $900

Patience is key

#6 10 years ago

Grab a mousin around at that price, fun for the whole family. $900 is fair, but you probably won't get one for $750.

#7 10 years ago

I have a Bally pool sharks for 725

#8 10 years ago

I have a williams flash for $750.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from midcoastsurf:

- Sorcerer
    - Comet
    - Space Shuttle
    - Pinbot
    - High Speed
    - F-14 Tomcat
    - Mousin' Around
    Good luck!

High Speed was at the old childhood 7-11, on of my favorites, i did see one , he wants $1,200 for it

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinphila:

I have a Bally pool sharks for 725

what yr. machine is this? when i looked it up in the database or ipdb.org, only midway and williams show under that name?? can you send me some pics.?

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'll buy the sorcerer. Where is it located? Ed

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Yes it will. Just picked up a High Speed for $500 last weekend. Working & mylared but in need of a shop out.

Good luck on the search! Looks like you already got some leads on some decent games.

#14 10 years ago

$750 is not a lot of money,
    I would save $1500 and go for something then...

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinwizkid:

Yes it will. Just picked up a High Speed for $500 last weekend. Working & mylared but in need of a shop out.
    Good luck on the search! Looks like you already got some leads on some decent games.

wow! you are lucky then! I would of jumped all over that, one of my favorites!!

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

You'll find an EM

I am assuming "EM" means electro mechanical?
    So was that the first kind of pins made?
    and then solid state?

#17 10 years ago

Yes, EM is electromechanical, the ones with all the bells and switches and relays.
    You can definitely find many of those for under 750. Very different then solid state though.

You might want to try for something like this.... early solid state and had a newer CPU board in it
    ebay.com link: GOTTLIEBS BUCK ROGERS PINBALL MACHINE

Machines above sound good a well...... you probably have quite a few options.

#18 10 years ago

Ive got a NR Mint Bally "Strikes and Spares" in Buckingham (Near Doylestown). Not a mark on the playfield...perfect backglass too. No Locks in Door or Head are the only "bad" things about it. Collector Quality otherwise. Backglass is probably not suitable for children thou...most women aren't "Built" like that. Buck Rogers might not be acceptable either for the same reason.

#19 10 years ago

Pinbot, all the way. You can grab a player's condition one with a worn playfield that just needs shopping out for $750-800, maybe a few repairs.

#20 10 years ago

I would not discount an EM just because it is an EM. Plenty of god awful SS pins, especially in the early years. I find many of the later EM pins more enjoyable compared to many of the early SS pins. But you will not learn much about repairing SS pins by owning an EM pin, so if you goal is to learn how to repair a SS pin you should get a SS pin. I would highly recommend any of the early Bally SS pins, a bunch of great titles were made, they are easy to work on and parts are readily available.

If I were in your shoes I would find a beat up but a universally well liked title to start with if price is a concern. A pristine, collector quality game is nice, but if the title sucks to play, it sucks to play no matter how pretty it is.

A visually very worn game can still be great to play. Just make sure to clean it up mechanically.

#21 10 years ago

big guns in ri for 750 - nice playfield and works 100%. thanks ed

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from edcianci:

big guns in ri for 750 - nice playfield and works 100%. thanks ed

I'd grab this.

Fun game. System 11. Great for a first pin!

#23 10 years ago

Ed's a great guy to deal with.....and Big Guns is a good game

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-1st-pinball-se-pa-750-max and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.