3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fosaisu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evilive69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I am looking to buy my first pinball machine and have been reading quite a bit so I least have some knowledge of what I am getting myself into. Being in my early 40's I grew up in arcades and have narrowed my search criteria down to an older SS machine. I would like some input or feedback on reliability, play ability and maintenance on a few machines that I am interested in.
    These are the machines I am interested in:
    Black Hole
    Haunted House
    Mars - God of War
    Sorcerer
    Grand Lizard
    Gorgar
    Volcano

#3 3 years ago

My wife already knows that one is just a start, and the second one will follow along quickly. I am a computer geek by trade so I am not afraid to get my hands dirty but there are a lot more boards involved than what I am used to. I guess it's all part of the learning curve.

#8 3 years ago

From what I have read the Gottlieb System 80's would be harder to work on, but I really dig BH and HH. I remember playing them years ago and since my 10 year old daughter is becoming a pinball junkie I know she would love them as well. I am definitely looking for more of a value pinball for the first two, just to make sure they actually get used. My wife bought her ex a pinball when they were married and after a year it did nothing but collect dust. He still has it sitting in his basement. I have seen pictures and it looks to be a really nice condition Riverboat Gambler. I made mention of buying it from him, but she refused saying she didn't want to buy the same one twice...hehehehehe.
    I think to start I would like to have an old Gottlieb and a Williams. That way if one is down I still have one to play.

#12 3 years ago

BigD...I can probably pick it up for around $1000, but the wife won't let me and I really don't like the theme. If anything I would buy, play it for a few weeks and sell it.

Robotoes...I am a casual player that won't mind fixing them to keep them running. However, I have said that about other things and usually end getting deeply involved. So far the place I have played is the only arcade in town...Crabtowne USA. It's kind of a dive restaurant but has about 95 games, 30 or so being pinballs. I take my daughter and we have a blast. She really can't believe that they used to have arcades everywhere, even the mall. And that our parents would just leave us there while they went shopping...she cracks me up.

I am trying to learn all of the acronyms but what is FSP?

#15 3 years ago

Riptor...I think they still have B2K2. But I dont think it was working the last time I was there.
    I will have to look at more Bally machines. I grew up vacationing at the Solomons Island Navy Rec base and the only pinball they had was Flash Gordon. I spent hours playing it and would love to find one.

#21 3 years ago

NeedZ...that is sweet.

fosaisu...you are correct, I definitely want something I can play when I get it. I am sure over time I will look into a project machine but first one needs to be a solid everyday player.

#25 3 years ago

Arcademojo...not only have I come to the conclusion that a project pin won't be the first one I get, but I have been read the riot act by my wife.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 55.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 137.00
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 49.99
    Lighting - Led
    Comet Pinball
    $ 18.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 59.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider evilive69.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside