Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by wugly
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Photo Jul 21, 1 21 14 PM (resized).jpg
    Photo Nov 30, 3 09 56 PM (resized).jpg
    Photo Nov 30, 3 10 01 PM (resized).jpg
    Photo Jul 21, 1 21 18 PM (resized).jpg
    Photo Nov 30, 3 10 13 PM (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpd424.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Hello Everyone I have been lurking on the forums for a while. Have mostly been into virtual pinball and have built my own virtual pinball cabinet. I am enjoying it so much I have decided to dip my toes into a real machine. I am here to ask you for some advice. I am mechanically inclined, not afraid of learning, and would'nt mind a small project. I ran across a Jungle Queen for sale on my local Craigslist and was hoping someone more knowledgable could tell me if i should walk away and wait. They are asking $750, It appears to be mostly intact though I cannot be 100% sure from the pictures. The Playfield glass is missing and I was told the power cord is shot. The glass has appeared to have been off for quite some time. The play field is extremely dirty but I think with some elbow grease it could cleanup nicely. There appeared to be only a few wear spots around the pop bumpers that I noticed. The back glass looked to be in good shape there wasnt any obvious flaking but I could be wrong. The inside looked better then I expected but again the photos were not the best. I dont believe the person selling it knows how to lift the playfield for a better pic.

Thank you for any input or advice.

Photo Nov 30, 3 09 56 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 30, 3 09 56 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 30, 3 10 01 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 30, 3 10 01 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 30, 3 10 13 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Nov 30, 3 10 13 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 21, 1 21 14 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 21, 1 21 14 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 21, 1 21 18 PM (resized).jpgPhoto Jul 21, 1 21 18 PM (resized).jpg
    #6 5 years ago

thank you all for your comments. I have the same gut feeling you are all saying. Some times the itch starts to take over and you need talked off the ledge

I do think it is way over priced and wouldnt consider buying it for what they were asking. If they were to take $300 for it, that is where the itch starts to take over in my mind and I wouldnt know if i should still walk away. Im not worried about re-sale value. I never get into a hobby thinking im going to make money. Im more in it for the learning experience and the fun.

#16 5 years ago

Thank you all. Going to keep looking.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jpd424.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-at-purchasing-first-em-pin?tu=jpd424 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.