Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by JohnnyPinball007
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should I open my own arcade?”

• Yes! Go for it! 62 votes
      69%
    • No! You’ll fail 28 votes
      31%

(90 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CA753B60-EC26-4C21-8724-B56022CD911E (resized).jpeg
    40951FA6-7936-4CB1-B4FC-1BB2F41794A6 (resized).jpeg
    4C1267AA-DCE5-4EB4-A4AD-BA5E04CC5254 (resized).jpeg
    BD8B34B8-08D8-4D62-B947-23B54EC02E32 (resized).jpeg
    cozcade01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Also the location will be half a mile from my home

This was the big thing for me. My locations are 1 mile from my home. If I had to drive a long distance and sit in traffic to fix things and collect quarters I wouldn't still be doing it.

The counter argument is that since they're close you can't get away from the business, but I find that isn't the case. I'd rather be able to run in and take care of something simple in 10-15 minutes total rather than letting everything pile up, and then make a trip that involves a a 30+ minute drive each way, and then spend hours fixing all the crap that broke over the last week or two.

I've written on this subject a lot in the past so I'm not going to rehash things. But one thing I'll reiterate is some pinball advice. If you run pins, and you have a little issue that crops up every once in a while and makes you have to remove the glass or stop a game, FIX IT! It may only happen once every few weeks or once a month at home, but on location it will end up happening EVERY DAY. Take the time to get rid of these little issues and figure them out before you put the game out on location. Otherwise you'll end up with it down or trying to fix it when people are at the location bugging you.

Okay, I said I'd keep it short but that's not happening. Another thing is try to get all your repairs, maintenance, and collections done before you open and people are in the business. Otherwise you'll have customers and kids bugging you the entire time you're working and messing with your stuff. Don't get me wrong, it is often nice to talk with people about pinball and the games, but a lot of times you just want to get the damn thing fixed. I'd rather have those conversations when it is convenient for me and when I can devote time to the answers and enjoy the interaction.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside