7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by delt31
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Should I open my own arcade?”

• Yes! Go for it! 54 votes
      68%
    • No! You’ll fail 26 votes
      33%

(80 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

cozcade01 (resized).jpg

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 7 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Great info! One place I’m looking at is in a shopping center. 1200sq ft for about $1000 plus utilities. Only requirement is agree to one year lease. I met with the building manager and they take care of the hvac unit. I will definitely ask lots of questions before anything is official.

That would be considered modified gross by what you’ve described. Be sure it’s in writing though! NNN leases are generally cheaper and appear to be more appealing. You don’t want to inherit a landlords headache though, so I’d avoid it if possible.

I’d also highly recommend having lease extension options in writing. You don’t want to have a great first year and end up having to look for a new space. My current lease is written as three years with two additional three year option (at a certain % increase).

#102 7 months ago
    Quoted from BeaglePuss:

That would be considered modified gross by what you’ve described. Be sure it’s in writing though! NNN leases are generally cheaper and appear to be more appealing. You don’t want to inherit a landlords headache though, so I’d avoid it if possible.
    I’d also highly recommend having lease extension options in writing. You don’t want to have a great first year and end up having to look for a new space. My current lease is written as three years with two additional three year option (at a certain % increase).

Great info. Thanks for the input and advice

#103 7 months ago

I'm excited to hear how this progresses. Good luck

#104 7 months ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I'm excited to hear how this progresses. Good luck

I need more pins!! Gonna have a few classic arcade games and also looking to add skeeball and driving games. I want to have a little bit of everything.

#105 7 months ago

I've operated pins for a few years now. It's not a big money-making operation, but it does turn a small profit.

Regarding that commercial lease, try to get at least fixed rent increases and the right to renew for a few years. Once you are operating and have customers who know where you are it becomes harder to move - and I've seen rent increases kill businesses all too often.

The more pins you have, the more parts you're going to need on hand. You don't want to wait a week waiting for a new $3 plunger (plus $8 shipping, ouch). The number of things you will want to keep on hand adds up fast, begins to take up a lot of space, and requires many storage bins/systems to manage it all.

Tools are a significant cost as well.

Also the more variety of pins you have, the more your parts inventory increases... Meaning Gottlieb, Stern, Bally/Williams... they all require different parts, and between eras of the same manufacturer they require different parts, too.

#106 7 months ago

Get a Gottlieb Super Mario Bros. It will be your highest earning pin! The normals go crazy for that game and it's cheap! Win/Win.

2 months later
    #107 4 months ago

Update: I’ve finally got a pin out on location. Super Mario Bros pinball is out and earning money! It’s a start and hopefully more to follow!

#108 4 months ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Update: I’ve finally got a pin out on location. Super Mario Bros pinball is out and earning money! It’s a start and hopefully more to follow!

That's awesome - keep us posted.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 6.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 40.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 209.99
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 24.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 20.90
    Apparel - Unisex
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside