New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 277971)

Looking at buying Twilight Zone what to look out for when buying?

By tyj

27 days ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 days ago by Slugmeister
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 27 days ago

I’m wondering what things I should ask about or look at on a Twilight? What breaks or malfunctions? It’s out of state so I would have to ship it, looks legit to me. What should I have photographed?

#2 27 days ago

There could be things pictures might not capture in terms of issues.

At the very least I’d want a good look at the board set especially CPU for acid damage.

See if you can get some videos of the two expensive toys functioning correctly. Gumball machine and especially the clock.

#3 27 days ago

Thanks for the tips, I will make sure to get video and photos of those things.

#4 27 days ago

Clock works ? Gumball machine works ? Mini playfield optos work ? Switch #26 eddy sensor work. Powerball in it ?

LTG : )

#5 27 days ago

Look for incorrect size screws poking through PF by slot machine scoop

#6 26 days ago
Quoted from tyj:

What should I have photographed?

Everything! Make sure it also has all the parts that machines used on location seem to be missing; this usually consists of the game manual, coin mechs, and coin box. Deduct $25 for each missing items as the machine is incomplete without them.

#7 26 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Look for incorrect size screws poking through PF by slot machine scoop

+1. I have seen this on multiple TZ's and it's easy to miss. Also a broken weldment on the slot machine scoop is common, on the side with the yellow standup target.

#8 26 days ago

Just to emphasize what LTG said.Clock and trough proximity switch 26.My all-time favorite pinball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside