(Topic ID: 14122)

Looking at buying a Gottlieb Haunted House.. Price Check/Known Issues..thoughts?

By jonogo

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by jonogo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonogo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

Hello All!

I'm considering purchasing a Gottlieb Haunted House Pin and wanted to get a feeler for how well it plays, value, and specific issues to look out for.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

-josh

#3 12 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Awesome game for the time, very nice looking maching, with the lightning in the backglass.
Issues....it's a sys80....

Sorry, new here.. I don't follow.

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

Gottlieb System 80 pins are notorious for having all kinds of problems. So much so that some people avoid them. Should this stop you from buying one? I would say no. Most of the mods to make them more reliable are easy to do. Clay put out a video on "bullet proofing" these games and has a guide.

Ok, thanks for clarifying! Now... who is Clay? (man, I had being the ignorant newbie)

-josh

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I've seen some videos on youtube of sound issues, like this one:

Wow.. that could drive a man to drink

Quoted from lpeters82:

There is one in the listed for $1,200 on Mr. Pinball in Wisconsin.

Ahh, cool thanks!

Quoted from johnkinkokomo:

Welcome to the addiction, but beware, pinball machines are sort of like rabbits they tend to multiply!

I'm already realizing that. Started w/ Pennant Fever... now I have a new Fever.

Quoted from Bischt:

Everything I have learned so far about this new purchase came from http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_80

I am very interested in hearing your experiences with the game since I am just learning about these old sys 80 machines myself.

Thanks for the link! I've bookmarked that page and I plan to post pictures once I find my new additions!

Quoted from Pintucky:

Therefore, you need to gauge just what you get your enjoyment from. HH is no pin for fast and furious play with all kinds of toys incorporated into it. It can become very dull at times (to me). It didn't take me long to decide to sell it. And so far, this is the only pin I've ever wanted to sell and get away from.

I hope this helps you make your choice. HH was simply 'dullsville' for me.

I'm with ya Mike. I'm considering it for multiple reasons. I love the uniqueness of this pin. I like that the theme is fun and family friendly. I also am very interested to see how it works/plays/looks as well.

Quoted from TheLaw:

pinrepair.com

Looks like you'll be needing this!
http://www.pinrepair.com/top/top5.htm

I've contacted them about that video! THANK YOU. The very thing I was hoping for. Anyone buy videos from these guys? Good/bad/anything?

Quoted from Atomicboy:

These machines were built like brick shit houses though, and the PF kick stands for example could hold up a small shed.

You sir, gave me a great laugh with this line here.

Thank you all for the help/advice/laughs! I will post pics when I find my HH!

-j

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Usually see them going for 1200-1500 prestine restores more.
I think the biggest issue with gottlieb period is the backbox grounding.
I love this game when I can find it up and running somewhere for play.
Problem is most peoples are not nice and relatively trouble free.

Cool, thanks. Thats what I'm seeing for prices. But being a single dad I have to watch every penny I spend, even when it comes to Pins.. when its the hardest to NOT buy sometimes!!

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Best of luck with your search.
Haunted House is a great family friendly game.
Hope you find it and bring it home then get your kid into playing pinball young =-)
Take Care

I'm working on a deal currently.. made an offer on 2 pins and they are thinking on it.. So we shall see if I end up with it.

-j

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Toast-Mach1 Mods Shop

2,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shakopee, MN
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

3,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonogo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-at-buying-a-gottlieb-haunted-house-price-checkknown-issuesthoughts?tu=jonogo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.