Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Price check,very clean, one upper flipper not working. Plays fine besides that. I'm thinking easy fix. Really no playfield wear and the cabinet looks great too. Wasn't looking for another, but we all know how that goes. What is a no brainer price? The guy will even deliver it.............. Weird theme, but I like the cannons. Thanks in advance.

#2 11 years ago

I played it at MGC. fun at first, but I'm not sure if play would last. I think the guy was selling it (perfect working condition) for around $1000. Definitely wouldn't pay more than that.

#3 11 years ago

How many machines do you have? BG may be the fastest game out there. Amazing speed, and very difficult to save the queen given the short time frame once the objectives are completed. Having said that, there isn’t much else to do in the game, and thus I wouldn’t recommend it if you only have 1-2 machines.

There are so many targets that are basically just used to light the kickback, really wasted IMO. This has awesome potential for something like P-Roc though.

I had one and it sold for around the $1,000 mark.

#4 11 years ago

The game is a blast! I too enjoy the cannons! But lots of old basements can't handle the game, due to that huge backbox! Put it next to another pin, it really stands out!

-Aaron

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

How many machines do you have? BG may be the fastest game out there. Amazing speed, and very difficult to save the queen given the short time frame once the objectives are completed. Having said that, there isn’t much else to do in the game, and thus I wouldn’t recommend it if you only have 1-2 machines.
There are so many targets that are basically just used to light the kickback, really wasted IMO. This has awesome potential for something like P-Roc though.
I had one and it sold for around the $1,000 mark.

I only have two pins presently. It did look "big" i read the measurements and it's 75.5" tall....... Good point I better check out ceiling height. Thanks anybody else have an opinion?

#6 11 years ago

To quote my own review I added with my Pinside rating;

"Big Guns = big fun!"

After finding out that it was my fiancee's mystery machine from college (full story here http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/trivia-clue-challenge-can-you-help-name-this-pin ),
I wound up getting this and couldn't be happier.

I find it to be a very fun, and surprisingly deep (for a System 11) game. If you can dig the anachronsitic theme, it's way cool. Kinda like a deeper version of F-14 Tomcat. I'd highly recommend picking one up.

Also +1 on the "don't pay more than $1K" advice above....

Later,
EV

#7 11 years ago

I liked the machine, but I’m going to call you on the deep. All the targets, like 9 of them, are for lighting the kickback, and only six are used for the one objective, saving the queen in MB. Other than the collecting points for the drops and small orbits around them, what else is there rule wise that makes this machine at all deep?

Surprisingly deep for a system 11 is Pinbot, which was much earlier.

#8 11 years ago

- Knocking down drop targets to get to the troll stand-ups, which can then be collected for an extra ball award (number of which is variable in Settings).

- Also accesses the turnarounds for the bonus multipliers, which can also be added up for an award (number and award also variable in Settings).

- Bagatelle in backbox has skill component to collect all shields for extra ball award.

- Loading cannons starts Attack The Castle, wherein you then have to load the one gun that will start Invincible mode, which is then timed for those 6 shields to Save The Queen. That's a lot to do!

- After you Save The Queen once, to start Attack The Castle again the cannons have to be loaded in a specific order (which changes game to game).

I just think there's a lot to this game, once again, for a System 11. Obviously it's not going to match a WPC title...

As always, IMHO, YMMV, etc....

Later,
EV

#9 11 years ago

There is about 4 things to do, as you mentioned. I really think it is one of the most shallow system 11s. I would say only Road Kings competes with it in that respect, but given RK was so early on, and has a second stage jackpot, I even wonder about that.

It's a fun game though, and "if I had room..." I would still have it, but I can say that about any machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Newburgh, NY
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Franklin, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-at-a-big-guns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.