New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 56370)

Look what I spent 3 grand on today!

By Rascal_H

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by chinosts
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#52 7 years ago

Sooo... you totally want to get rid of your other widebodies now, right?

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Just happened to check Craig's just as it was listed. I was the first call and told him I'd take it. He actually held it for me a couple of days which was super cool. Said he was getting a ton of calls but he seems like a busy business guy so he just kept telling everyone it was spoken for.

I saw it on CL and figured that I did not have a chance at getting it. I think that it is great that you bought the machine and was exited about it and posted it here instead of doing something like this.....
I have a chance at a really popular machine for a fairly low price. I don't know what to do. Should I buy it? It seems like a really good price. Gee, I don't know. What do you guys think? Should I actually buy this reasonably priced machine that will only come along once in a lifetime? Even though I damn well know what machines sell for, I still have to question if I should pull the trigger on this deal that I know is great and everyone else does as well. Is this a good price for a TZ?

I am sooooo glad that it was you who got it and not someone who would take the time to ask the stupid question of "if" you should buy the game or not. Gratz on the great timing on an awesome game. I hope you enjoy it for many years.

#54 7 years ago

Very good deal ,I was very lucky also with my ,paid 3200 ,didn't see the machine I know it was a older guy that got it from day one and when I had it shipped it was mint all around with only 300 plays on it ,still have it and loving it still great game all around

#55 7 years ago

You should really fix that target. if you play it with it like it is you'll be hitting the scoop assembly and will crack the welds on it. Not a fun fix.

#56 7 years ago

Yeah, I will go through the whole thing. Tear it down to the playfield. Replace what I need to.. Give it a lot of love. So far it looks like it needs almost nothing. All new rubbers, probably replace all the star posts. Others things will be apparent web I get it torn down.

I assume Cliffy has a set for TZ. Don't need to cover anything but why not protect for years to come!

I already bought gumballs for the gumballs machine that I found on pinball life.

#57 7 years ago

Does it still have the original batteries?

#58 7 years ago

Gumballs and the piano mod (new one at http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tz-piano-modaccessory-now-available) are both must-haves, IMO!

#59 7 years ago

I got my resto project for 3400 a year ago and drove to VA to get it so you scored. When I was done it was beautiful and there's no lack of things to do to a TZ.

IMHO the 3rd mag and door flasher are a waste. Good mods are LED's, Robby, gumballs with light, single board clock, low profile mini PF switches, piano, and the door fade mod I turned Shredso on to.

Enjoy the pin, just don't make it TOO nice to play

Here's quick vid

#60 7 years ago

N-V N-V N-V.

Nice pickup. I'd throw down 3K on a TZ anyday.

#61 7 years ago

3k? It seems I spend that much at happy hour every month. Great deal enjoy.

#62 7 years ago

Nice score. Never selling mine ... or at least one of the last to go.

#63 7 years ago

Yup same here my will be the last to go

#64 7 years ago

You're my hero. Jellier than a Jelly Doughnut. Congrats.

#65 7 years ago

I will give you $3001 for it......haha nice score!

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Does it still have the original batteries?

They looked old! No leakage or acid damage. Put in fresh ones.

Last night I replaced the Gumball VUK assembly with new stuff. The shaft was snapped in half and the saucer was just floating around. No balls where getting through there. In fact a few balls had squeezed through the gap and just landed in yhe cabinet. Guarantee he knew about it, lol. No biggie, it was an easy fix.

It actually plays great now. Gotta start with the tear down. First off will probably be the filthy subways.

#67 7 years ago

The only mod you NEED is Robby...

#68 7 years ago

At least the 3rd magnet mod is putting back original functionality. IMO that alone makes it the best mod out there.

Quoted from cranie:

IMHO the 3rd mag and door flasher are a waste.

#69 7 years ago

Wow, very nice. Congrats on this deal.

#70 7 years ago

cheap for a great game.......clean that baby up and enjoy the greatness of this game

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

At least the 3rd magnet mod is putting back original functionality. IMO that alone makes it the best mod out there.

By my own definition of a good mod (Should seem like it was intended by the designer) I have to agree with you. However as far as bang for the buck (time and effort involved) it isn't much bang and I can see why they cut it.

#72 7 years ago

I agree. I believe it only activates at the start of multiball, and even then only if you lock the balls a certain way.

Bang for your buck, no. But it's still the first mod I want. That, the gumballs, the piano mod, and it's all good.

I had a TZ once that I was shopping out and I was doing some work to the clock, so I removed it from the game. I had to place a parts order so I fired the game up and looked for other things, switches etc wrong. You would not believe how much more fun TZ is without the clock. You can actually see the balls whipping around the orbits, being able to actually time your shots without the magnets. It really sped the game up, it was much more fun.

Quoted from cranie:

However as far as bang for the buck (time and effort involved) it isn't much bang and I can see why they cut it.

#73 7 years ago

I sometimes like to image that there is someone living near me that has one or more of my favourite machines just sitting around collecting dust (maybe an old video arcade or shop owner). He / she has no idea how much they are worth and would love to just get rid of them...

I can only dream....

#74 7 years ago

I can't read this any longer I'm getting sick! Lol!
Wanna know how to make a quick Grand? PM me.
Lol!
Nice score!

1 week later
#75 7 years ago

Figure I'll post some pics of my progress here.

The tear down had begun!

image.jpg

#76 7 years ago

More strippage...

image.jpg

#77 7 years ago

Looking good...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside