(Topic ID: 141495)

Look into your Woz's crystal ball, (price speculation)

By Pinball-Pat

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by KingBW
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Crystal ball says people will?”

• Sell Woz to buy Hobbit 9 votes
    7%
  • Keep Woz, still buy Hobbit 67 votes
    55%
  • I have no Woz, buy Hobbit. 15 votes
    12%
  • The hobbit will never be released ;) Keep playing Earthshaker 31 votes
    25%

(122 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 8 years ago

I am saving to buy a woz one day. I also think the Hobbit will be out soon and that it will be amazing. I think we can agree that woz is a pricey pin. Do you think we will see a bunch of them hit the market when hobbit is available? Do you have a woz, would it have to move out to free up space/cash for a hobbit?

#2 8 years ago

Poll added. Everyone loves polls!!!

#3 8 years ago

Ask us all again after Pinball Expo maybe... Looking forward to see how things are progressing...

FYI. I did vote. Keep Woz. Get Hobbit. .

#4 8 years ago

I have 0 interest in selling my WOZ for a Hobbit as WOZ is the far more feature packed game. I'm not saying that TH won't be fun, I'm sure it will be and obviously need to play it more with completed code to give a fair comparison. However, TH overall offers far less shots and toys then WOZ. In my opinion TH needed one more cool mechanical feature, such as a motorized cannon (as the Windlance) that could hit any of the games 11 drop targets, to be on the level of WOZ.

There's also yet another code update coming for WOZ and a huge one at that. In the end I think WOZ will go down not only as one of the best pins of this generation but of all time.

#5 8 years ago

Keep WOz, as I think agree with panzerfreak - over time it will eventually be considered a top five pin.
I would buy one if my brother-in-law didn't already have one that i will eventually buy or trade for from him...

#6 8 years ago

I think WOZ and Hobbit are two different types of markets. Completely different theme and the game play looks to be quite a bit different as well. I think they would work good together in a collection if cost wasn't an issue and you appreciated the theme of both. With that said, I would go for the one that has the game play that you will like the most. If you get a WOZ I'd actually recommend getting one second hand as you can check it for some of the common issues. Some are built like tanks while others are....... let's just say, not tanks.

#7 8 years ago

There's only 1000 numbered standards, 1000 LEs, 1500 other kind of LEs. Buy buy buy before production ends or you'll have to wait for the VE LE.

#8 8 years ago

Listen to Panzer and keep WoZ.

#9 8 years ago

I also think woz will one day be one of the best of all time. It just has so much. Keep and buy hobbit too.

#10 8 years ago

Speculatory bump***

#11 8 years ago

saw the hobbit today in person at expo - WOW - game play between the two is TOTALLY different

#12 8 years ago

Taken me 3.5 years to get my WOZ. Wouldn't sell for £10k.....
Might take me another 3.5 years to get The Hobbit

2 weeks later
#13 8 years ago

The key to Hobbit is that there are 11 drop targets as opposed to 1 in WOZ, different type of game more of a sharpshooter game which is completely different which is very very good for Pinball and JJP to make such different games with the first 2 amazing titles!!! WOZ just flipped over the top and then some with the last update. It is truly Killer! I was thinking of selling before this update and am soooo glad I hung onto it! They did just a few tweaks that help you get further into the game and that really make the game more fun in a big way!

Tom

#14 8 years ago

I just ordered Hobbit to go with my WOZ that I bought used a few months ago. WOZ is amazingly advanced with all the different modes and multiple game plot lines. From reading comments on the Hobbit here on this site and seeing the game play in videos, the Hobbit just may top it in my book (I hope). We will see. To me, these are definitely collector's items for the avid pinball geeks like me.

#15 8 years ago

WOZ not leaving.....TH is a maybe for me...anxious to play one.....

#16 8 years ago

Looking to be some deep pockets in this thread. Thought there would be more need for woz to hit the chopping block. Glad everyone is enjoying woz so much. Makes me want one even more. (Until toy story is announced at any rate.) wishful thinking I know

#17 8 years ago

Toy Story + Pindemption = machines at every chuck-e-cheese and possibly dave n' busters. Smart move.

#18 8 years ago

Would never sell WOZ, always going to be a challenging and fun game. Not to mention it looks
amazing among any collection and always will, the movie has proved to stand the test of time and
I think the pin will be the same, also the theme like it or not has a broader range of people that connect with it.
I love the hobbit and affiliated movies and would watch them more often than WOZ but it is a proven classic!

#19 8 years ago

My hobbit is going next to woz

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Yep... mine too!

#21 8 years ago

The poll needs another option:

"Sell a Stern Pin or Two to get The Hobbit"

#22 8 years ago

I never understood all the hate for WOZ.
I thought it was a pretty damn good game when I had it, and that was only when the code was half what it is now.

#23 8 years ago

WOZ is an amazing game.

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I never understood all the hate for WOZ.

I don't think people hate WOZ, I just think people hated the way Jack put down Stern left and right, but then did all the same things.

"We will NOT release a game with incomplete code!"......

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I don't think people hate WOZ, I just think people hated the way Jack put down Stern left and right, but then did all the same things.
"We will NOT release a game with incomplete code!"......

I actually really enjoyed all of that. I found it entertaining.

I am very excited about the potential new releases from JJP which were leaked. In terms of theme, both are ideal for a family with young children/tweens/teens.

In response to the OP, I think the price of WOZ will come down with other games, but I have no idea when it will happen. I don't believe JJP's pricing is sustainable.

#26 8 years ago

Love our WOZLE it is not going anywhere - Have The Hobbit SE on order, have not seen or played one yet but the videos look exciting. We should be getting some unboxing stories soon. I will play one somewhere before taking delivery.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Me also!

#28 8 years ago

Just bought a HUO WOZLE for $7900 2 weeks ago. So not sure these pins are going down in price, unless you mean from the newest $9k price tag. And ayes, very excited about my Hobbit going next to Woz next year!

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Mine too! If both are being played by separate players at the same time ... the spectator(s) would have quite a show that would stimulate the eyes to the nth degree.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 25.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/look-into-your-wozs-crystal-ball-price-speculation and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.