5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 152 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by thedefog
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Longevity of pinball?”

• A few more years 2-5? 15 votes
      6%
    • 10 years or until the "Kings" are gone. 64 votes
      26%
    • New and exciting innovations will allow pinball to live on 165 votes
      68%

(244 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 10 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FOREVER.gif
    pinball1.jpg
    Early_Pinball.jpg
    halensurfchamp.jpg
    20150124_165313.jpg
    20150124_165338.jpg
    image-640.jpg
    image-215.jpg
    image-442.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 5 years ago

All of this millenial-bashing is kind of tiresome. I can string sentences together and my attention span is more than sixty seconds. People should consider that the readership here is perhaps more diverse than they think.

Quoted from Pahuffman:

That's what hooked me. All of my friends were busy playing Call of Duty while I was at the mall on a pin. The physicality of it amazes me. I'm a young guy just out of college, and you can bet I'll have a pin in my house before a PS4. I know that puts me in the minority, but it'll be something unique for people to do when they come over.

Yeah, I picked up a pinball machine as my third big purchase after making it into the workforce. Laptop and a car came first. Not particularly planning on getting a PS4, although I'll admit I do have a PS3, PS2, and even the original PlayStation.

IFPA participation has been up 30% a year for at least the last four years. I'd like to buy stock in that. Internet presence and community has everything to do with pinball continuing to grow. I'd also go so far as to say if you're worried about your hobby dying out, you should make some effort to get people in your area jazzed up about it.

Pinball Arcade is also a boon, whatever people have against it. I've introduced a number of people to physical pinball and most of them go out and immediately find PA on their own and next thing you know they're asking me for tips on Medieval Madness. It's extremely accessible.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from jackofdiamonds:

And so would I,but he's talking kids.
    I got some thumbs down for blasting tournament pinball.Its for the serious players,you have to "advance" to tournament play.its not a fun jumping off point for newbies.IMHO

I disagree. For people that like to compete, competition pinball is exactly what's needed. Just ask someone that's into running marathons and a decent percentage of the time the idea of running a marathon was what got them into running to begin with. It really depends on the person. I do think most tournaments should have B division play-offs for newer players after they are eliminated from the "normal" tournament.

Having a local presence and engaging the people that are just hanging out when the league or tournament is going on is also a good thing. The learning curve is not as steep as it used to be thanks to the efforts of PAPA and PAPAtv.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 159.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 9,099.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 9.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 159.00
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 4.95
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 149.00
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    € 95.00
    Lighting - Led
    FlipperLED
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider law.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside