You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171124_211006 (resized).jpg
dads planes 014-L (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20171125-192540 (resized).png
Screenshot_20171125-192526 (resized).png
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

About to embark on a 13 hour round trip journey for a bsd with an excellent playfield. Am I crazy?

What’s the farthest you’ve traveled for a pin?

#2 6 years ago

Dallas to just outside of New Orleans. 14 hour round trip.

#3 6 years ago

If it's more than 4 hrs one way. No way!

#5 6 years ago

I'm doing 16 hours round trip tomorrow for a project captain fantastic and a old Chicago.

#6 6 years ago

Rockford to Pennsylvania (2 game pick up at Pinfest).

#7 6 years ago

I'm trying to psych myself up for a 26 hour round trip to get 2 pins. They are both Bally so it is all good.

#8 6 years ago

1200 mile round trip to Raliegh NC from Orlando FL. No regrets. I love road trips! Btw, feel sorry for the folks traveling southbound on I-95 through South Carolina today. It's gotta be awful, especially where I-26 dumps into it.

#9 6 years ago

I've made the Phoenix to Los Angeles round trip several times over the years.

#10 6 years ago

It was a couple of years ago but I went from Naples, FL to somewhere in RI for a PROJECT GENESIS... With a stop or two it was close to 3300 miles and 3 days of driving.

#11 6 years ago

Ok, so San Diego to Phoenix ain’t that bad

And I’m not crazy. Well, maybe just a little

#12 6 years ago

12 hours round-trip just last month. lol

#13 6 years ago

I went from Old Town, ME to North Hero, VT. It was about 330 miles and 6 hours each way. The worst part was that the machine was in an attic and the only way to get it down was on one of the those pull-down stair cases into the fellow's garage. He was 86, his wife was 85, so they weren't able to help. Oh good god was that miserable. But I got a really nice Trek for $500.

#14 6 years ago

How in the hell do you guys find out about these games that are so far away?

I know I’d go a couple thousand miles for a Mephisto

#15 6 years ago

Found mine on CL

#16 6 years ago

Farthest we have drove is 12 hours to Marquette Michigan for a Mary Shelly Frankenstein.

#17 6 years ago

I just did 30hrs RT. Picked up a Family Guy in OH the continued on to Dayhuff’s annual party. Even if it were for just the pin it would have been about 20hrs RT.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Dunno about anyone else.... I check Craigslist for ALL of Texas, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Texarkana, Shreveport, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Wichita, Kansas City, Arkansas, Missouri....

#19 6 years ago

Detroit to Atlanta for a CV. I think that's at least 16 hours each way.

#20 6 years ago

Hey damn. I'm normal.

Nc to Green Bay (1800 miles) and Nc to Long Island(1100 miles).
Coming back from Green Bay I stopped at a rest area in Ohio and woke up with it snowing.

#21 6 years ago

I think my longest is still my first Kiss machine, 10 1/2 hours each way. The guy had my money and the game and decided he no longer wanted to ship the game.....ugh. Finally after screwing around with him for a month I decided to just make the drive and to go get it in person and be done with it.

John

#22 6 years ago

28 hour round trip for a Gtb Atlantis

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from GPS:

28 hour round trip for a Gtb Atlantis

My shortest road trip was for a Gottlieb Atlantis. About a 30 mile round trip. I'm sure you're road trip was more memorable.

#24 6 years ago

Very recent 12 hour round trip to pick up a Star Gazer and a Quicksilver in Maryland.

#25 6 years ago

14 HRs for a WH2O

#26 6 years ago

18 hrs round trip for MET Pro a few years back. Was fun since I had another Pinsider to talk pinball with most of the drive.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Mephisto? You don't want much do you

I knew what I was looking for. The trip to Florida (see below) came about because I was looking thru old Pinside for sale ads and found the pin I was looking for and it had not sold. I reached out but the seller was no longer in sales mood. Two months later, he contacted me. I would have preferred to ship but he was a cash only guy.

The rest: Nationwide Craigslist search or just start looking thru CL one city one state at a time. Google the pin I am looking for and see what pops up. I found one in Canada with Google search. The rest were all craigslist. The one I have shipping in was a Google search. Look at Pinballowners.com.

Quoted from Travish:

Hey damn. I'm normal.
Nc to Green Bay (1800 miles) and Nc to Long Island(1100 miles).
Coming back from Green Bay I stopped at a rest area in Ohio and woke up with it snowing.

I thought I would have you all beat but it is not to be. Wichita KS to Boca Raton FL. 1,535 miles one way. Wichita to Atlanta and spent the night with friends. Atlanta to Boca Raton and made the pick up and started the return trip with a motel that night. Back into Atlanta and spent the night with the same friends. Atlanta to Wichita. Long trip. One speeding ticket. No regrets.

#28 6 years ago

Reposted by popular demand:

Screenshot_20171125-192526 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171125-192526 (resized).png

Screenshot_20171125-192540 (resized).pngScreenshot_20171125-192540 (resized).png

#29 6 years ago

This Friday... I'm driving 11 hrs each way (approx 750 miles), from California to Salt lake City, Utah, for a minty ST-TNG. Spending the night and returning next day.

#30 6 years ago

Wow you guys are serious! 3 hrs for me, down to Chicago. I have ra and sitting in a vehicle for more than an hr starts hurting. To go to Chicago and back in the same day put me out of commission for a couple days. Took a week to feel normal again. Getting old sucks.

#31 6 years ago

I drove about 20 minutes north of where I live. Literally the furthest I've traveled for a pin purchase.

#32 6 years ago

Toledo to tampa and back to trade a sub 1k game

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

I think my longest is still my first Kiss machine, 10 1/2 hours each way. The guy had my money and the game and decided he no longer wanted to ship the game.....ugh. Finally after screwing around with him for a month I decided to just make the drive and to go get it in person and be done with it.
John

That must have been pleasant, meeting him face-to-face.

#34 6 years ago

My longest trip included a total of 40 hours of driving 2700 miles from Wisconsin to Virginia to Michigan and back to Wisconsin. The next day I drove a roundtrip back to Michigan to pick up one more machine. In the end I acquired Monster Bash, Cactus Canyon, and a sweet Attack from Mars. It was a very nice trip.

#35 6 years ago

About 400 miles each way,. Rochester NY to Boston Ma, to pick up my Fireball. Do I get to add miles because I did it with my three sons all under 10 one in dippers? They all made the trip to Expo with me although one at a time, about 1000 miles each way. Most memorable game brought back from Expo was Hyperball. My son fell in love with it, Auctioneer described it as worst pinball ever made. I don't remember what I paid, it would not have been my choice, but this was a kid who often asked me if we could go down stairs and work on a pin. How could I turn him down? Still not my cup of tea, but kids still love it. What makes the trip so memorable is, I didn't know to remove the balls and they made a racket rolling around the whole 1000 miles home.

#36 6 years ago

NW suburb of Chicago to get Indy 500 suburb of Detroit.

#37 6 years ago

1280 mikes round trip from Olive Branch Mississippi to Hubertus Wisconsin and back to get a TAF. All driven solo in one day.

#38 6 years ago

Austin to Chicago

#39 6 years ago

About a 13 hour round trip......twice

#40 6 years ago

New York to Florida and back, almost 40 years ago for a Rockola Big Bank Nite I still have!

Didnt drive, but back then I wrapped in Newspaper, and cardboard and checked as luggage!
No breaks, even 35 year old glass made it!

Airlines shipped it for Free!

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

New York to Florida and back, almost 40 years ago for a Rockola Big Bank Nite I still have!
Didnt drive, but back then I wrapped in Newspaper, and cardboard and checked as luggage!
No breaks, even 35 year old glass made it!
Airlines shipped it for Free!

Hey, I saw that plane you were on just the other day!

dads planes 014-L (resized).jpgdads planes 014-L (resized).jpg

#42 6 years ago

I drove almost 11,000 this past March moving machines home from my warehouse deals down south. It wasn't one trip but it took me the biggest part of a month to get everything moved.

25 hours - 900 plus miles round trip is my record to date as far as a single trip in a single day (actually over two days but without stopping overnight).

Over 100,000 miles driven picking up machines in the 10 years I have been in the hobby.

I am starting to seriously consider I might have a problem with addiction!

#43 6 years ago

My friend and I drove about a 12 hour round trip from Toronto to Michigan to secure a mint restored (Mike D.) Monster Bash. We also picked up a HUO TWD Pro along the way.
It was a fun road trip. The MB is a forever keeper.

#44 6 years ago

Prob about 12 hours round trip, southeast MI to Peoria IL. But have done several 6-8 hour round trips.

Shortest was probably a couple days ago, got a Grand Prix roughly a mile from my house. I think I had the backbox in the car less than an hour after it was on Craigslist.

#45 6 years ago

Normally I only pick up games in the metro area here, but about 7 months ago I traveled 4 hours each way to Wisconsin Dells for a Wrestlemania Pro. Wife was out of town, so I had the kids 6 and 4. We packed up the minivan and made a fun day trip out of it. Stopped in Wisconsin Dells and ate at Rocky Rocco's Pizza and went to Ponderosa too...a couple of places you don't see very often around here anymore. We had a blast, the kids loved it. Not only did I get a fun game, but we had a great day and got some lasting memories out of it too. I'm not a big fan on driving long distances for a game, but I'd do that again in a heartbeat under similar circumstances.

Shortest was my most recent pick up. It was delivered to my house, sold and picked up from my house without me ever touching it. I let a couple of junk haulers I used at my house know that I liked arcade games and pinball machines. They said they had never had a call about picking any of those up, but would keep me in mind in the future. 2 weeks later I get a text from the guy, they picked up a Buccaneer pinball machine and he wanted to know if I was interested. He delivered it the next day. I had a buddy who wanted it, so within a week, he came and picked it up. Game never even moved from the original spot on the garage floor. I hope those guys call me again, because that deal was sweet for both sides. I got a pinball machine super cheap and they got paid for something that they had already been paid to take away. Win / win.

#46 6 years ago

Sacremento and back this weekend from Anaheim.
Picked up this bad boy. 1959 Space Glider Em gun game. This thing is fun.

20171124_211006 (resized).jpg20171124_211006 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#47 6 years ago

So far, about 13 hours one way. But there have been many trips of 8 hours or less. Mostly in the 2-3 hour range. This hobby makes you do crazy things. But hey, in the end, it's all fun and games anyways.

#48 6 years ago

I recently went on a 16 hour trip through snow just to get 1 pin. The whole way I was ready to turn around, but I didn’t want to back out of a deal. Long day! Probably won’t be doing that again any time soon.

#49 6 years ago

One time back in 98. I drove from Moosehead lake to Saskatoon Saskatchewan for a pin

#50 6 years ago

Fargo, ND to Raleigh NC for a TZ.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

9,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/longest-you%E2%80%99ve-traveled-for-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.