Gilligans-Island_0002_Upper-Playfield.jpg
2014-03-11 18.47.31.jpg
2014-03-11 18.47.07.jpg
2014-03-11 18.44.22.jpg
cyclopes_pf.jpg
20140310_201631.jpg
viking_shot.jpg
tom.jpg
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I'm sorry if it has already been discussed, but I wanted to know what's the longest shot in pinball.
I think it's either the broadside shot in Black Rose or the start multiball/jackpot shot in Junkyard.
When I think of the shots I mean where the actual shot starts. So a ramp starts at the entrance of that ramp and a loop starts where the ballguides or rubbers make it a actual lane. So a ramp that goes behind the backboard like in Dr.Dude doesn't qualify as a longer shot. Neither does for example the song select saucer in AC/DC, as that shot already started at the right loop.
I'm not sure if I should count a shot on Hercules... It should just be direct shots on games in standard cabinets.

Let's see if anyone know any I haven't thought about.

#2 10 years ago

CFTBL - whirlpool ramp

#3 10 years ago

people getting their WOZ in a timely matter is a long shot

#4 10 years ago

Double or nothing shot in Jackbot maybe.

#5 10 years ago

Bad cats fish bone-us

#6 10 years ago

100% the longest shot. On the playfield, without a ramp, is on Solar City, Target Alpha. Left flipper to the upper drop target bank to hit the drop target at the extreme right hand side. Measured it, it is 32 1/4 inches.

#7 10 years ago

Insanity Falls in WH2O

#8 10 years ago

The pyramid in Stargate from either of the lower flippers.

It's a long open straight shot up and further inside the opening. If the ball touches either side of the entry, it ain't going in.

#9 10 years ago

"super star" target on Stern NBA seems quite long too, aiming from left flipper between the targets, left hole, and bumpers...

much easy if you get it by "luck" while just putting ball inside the bumpers (left/right lanes or right hole eject)

#10 10 years ago

Depends on exactly what you mean by longest.

The Broadside shot on BR actually goes through the back of the playfield to it's resting spot. Not sure it's possible to get a shot much future unless you are talking return ramps after the 'shot' was made

#11 10 years ago

Whirlpool ramp starts middle to top playfield. Not the longest shot.

Insanity falls start at the left ramp (to upper playfield and upper right playfield) so is either a mid/upper playfield shot or a short upper/side flipper shot.

Fish bonus shot is about as long as the jackpot shot on Junkyard.

Just not sure if the WPC games have the exact same length playfields as the bally Sys11 games. (Broadside shot is on the actual backboard)

#12 10 years ago

The crane shot on LAH is long.

#13 10 years ago

I'm talking about where the actual shot starts. So for the broadside shot it would be the backboard, as there are no other shots the ball goes through before getting there.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Dbaum88:

CFTBL - whirlpool ramp

That ramp is way back there. The diverter that goes to the bowl is very steep. And then of course the ramp itself has to be just about the longest.

... then it spins around the bowl for a while!

#15 10 years ago

You could argue that Theatre of Magic has the longest shot. The left orbit shot goes all the way around the back and hits a ramp on it's way back toward the flippers. Not necessarily what you're asking about, but damn cool!

tom.jpgtom.jpg

#16 10 years ago

How about flipper to center scoop on I500 ?? And...wow...10 years on Pinside ??!! Spectacular !!

#17 10 years ago

I was fairly sure the longest shot in pinball was from the lower left flipper to the top far right drop target on Target Alpha.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

100% the longest shot. On the playfield, without a ramp, is on Solar City, Target Alpha. Left flipper to the upper drop target bank to hit the drop target at the extreme right hand side. Measured it, it is 32 1/4 inches.

+1 Yes. This it ! I can not even think of anything close ?

#19 10 years ago

I own 2 of the games with the longest straight shots. WPT lock/EB shot. Black Rose broadside. Both actually travel beyond the back panel. & yes both shots can be pretty tough, especially Black Rose but I just got the game so maybe I haven't mastered the shot yet.

#20 10 years ago

The collect bonus kickout at the upper right of Genie certainly feels long enough to be in the game next to it.

#21 10 years ago

By default, any shot on Hercules.

#22 10 years ago

I think its mousin around.
Like some of the other shots listed, it has to carry to the far opposite corner. But because there is an incline and it also has to loop backwards into the backbox, I think that extra turn earns a mention.

#23 10 years ago

The Ring shot on LOTR at the very opposite end of table furthest from flipper bats.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

The collect bonus kickout at the upper right of Genie certainly feels long enough to be in the game next to it.

The GENIE shot is 33 inches. I just measured it. Tip of left flipper to the front of the top-right kickout hole is 33" - "shortest" route.

#25 10 years ago

TOTAN ramp. Not making it to, but actually completing it all the way around!

#26 10 years ago

I'm almost wondering if the FishTales shot from the right flipper to the top right saucer/kickout hole should be in this discussion.

Requires a shot up the LEFT orbit and then enough speed to carry all the way from left to right across the top of the game to land in that hole. 47" by my measuring.

#27 10 years ago

Taxi "carry passengers" is very long and satisfying!

#28 10 years ago

Spirit, top left lock shot

#29 10 years ago

Round the machine ramp on Hurricane.

#30 10 years ago

Spirit top left lock shot unfortunately isn't a straight shot. But if the sys80 playfields are longer as well as wider, the top left saucer on Punk may be the next one to beat.

#31 10 years ago

Or maybe the center saucer on Spectrum. That game has no outlanes, and so the flippers are positioned like 4cm lower than standard.

#32 10 years ago

Sniper shot in Judge Dredd.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

By default, any shot on Hercules.

Or on Bally's Bigfoot. There Mr. Dayhuff, I saved you the job of posting that.

#34 10 years ago

I was going with alpha quadrant. I think JY and BR both have that beat for depth.

If talking longest ball travel. TOTAN ramp? TZ with spiral ramp? RCT has some very long wireforms as well as left ramp on RBION if made into bozo scoop.

#35 10 years ago

Upper left rollover loop on Star Race?

#36 10 years ago

Genie is a wide body pin. By its nature there could be a few long shots that could be made on the playfield.

#37 10 years ago

Flipper to the VUK in the far upper left corner on Hook

#38 10 years ago

Attack the castle on Big Guns?

#39 10 years ago

STTNG Warp spinner shot up around the back and then across the pop bumper lanes around and down to the middle flipper on right side!

#40 10 years ago

Dale Jr./Nascar .? That's a long one.....or maybe longest plunge?

#41 10 years ago

BK left ramp spinner shot is 35 inches.

#42 10 years ago

Fathom and Eight Ball Champ...
Right Flipper shooting to the left side endings in the top right kickout hole.
But you can say the Shot actually ends "earlier"...

Post edited by frg

#43 10 years ago

To me the shot doesn't end until it is at the top/crest of the ramp because if you don't make it past this point, the ball will come back down and you will not have "made the shot."
If you pick the entrance to the ramp then by the same token, you would have to cancel out the entrance to the in-line drops on games like Fathom where the ball travels down a long corridor before it gets to the targets.

#44 10 years ago

Punk, both ball locks.

Steve

#45 10 years ago

Yes - there is a ramp "point of no return", but if you make the entrance to the corridor it is not 100%, that the shot can make it to the i.e. kickout hole - that's why i am not sure

With Vikings bonus collect shot it is the same... getting to the first direction change does not mean at all, getting the bonus collect.

viking_shot.jpgviking_shot.jpg
#46 10 years ago

WPT. shot to the "cut the cards".

#47 10 years ago

Black rose broadside shot or wwf rr left ramp shot goes all thec way around playfield

#48 10 years ago

Upper drop targets on BH. Trying to hit them in order is fun.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Sniper shot in Judge Dredd.

Just got an very approximate measurement and it's almost 35" before the curve into the VUK.
At the very least I'd say it's in the running.

#50 10 years ago

To make the upper left orbit on Star Race the ball has to travel around 40 inches.

20140310_201631.jpg20140310_201631.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

3,975 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 39.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/longest-shot-in-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.