• Kiss LE 17 votes
    17%

(100 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Kaneda_large_8728_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hello everyone!

Thinking long-term here. Which game do you think would have better long-term value? Ghostbusters LE vs Kiss LE? Now with the new code, Kiss really has become a great game but maybe underrated on the top 100? Not sure.....

#2 7 years ago

At least 10k for both of them by christmas. Not sure after that.

#4 7 years ago

Kiss has gotten such a bad image it's going to be hard to recover fun, GB has taken a little hit because people are scared it's to hard but I think long GB will hold its value.

#5 7 years ago

Kaneda, please stop with the duplicate accounts. It's against pinside rules and I've honestly lost count of your alternate identities.

#6 7 years ago

If you're buying a pin based on it's resale value, you are buying for the wrong reasons. These are toys and should only be purchased for that reason. If you want something that will increase in value, check out the stock market.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

If you're buying a pin based on it's resale value, you are buying for the wrong reasons. These are toys and should only be purchased for that reason. If you want something that will increase in value, check out the stock market.

I don't think he means monetary value but more entertainment value.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

GB has taken a little hit because people are scared it's to hard

Yeah, I don't think that is the issue that is keeping people from buying it. Too many people have been burned from getting one of the first pins off the line with a new title.

#9 7 years ago

I didn't think KissLE had any short term value let alone long term value.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Kaneda, please stop with the duplicate accounts. It's against pinside rules and I've honestly lost count of your alternate identities.

His therapist lost count of all those multiple personalities years ago

But since your asking I would say GB, it's certainly got a far more positive reputation compared to Kiss at present but Kiss could always see a change to that given time, just look how perception for ironman changed over time.

#11 7 years ago

It would be a toss up right now GB LE is higher priced if you were buying one today because a HUO KISS Le could be purchased for less. I have a kiss le and I personally love it and have GB LE on the way. Don't be scared of the KISS machine. It has good flow and the music is like you are at a rock concert plus a great light show. Its the one machine I have the volume up and a sub..

#12 7 years ago

Gb has a much bigger following than kiss if that helps

#13 7 years ago

Just wondering if the new GB movie will help or hurt...

#14 7 years ago

Looking at this Pinside Poll GB is kicking Kiss's butt so I would guess Kiss... Pinside Polls are a joke.

#15 7 years ago

KISS plays better IMO. Long term value I'm not sure about though as I don't pay much attention to that sort of thing.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

If you want something that will increase in value, check out the stock market.

This is wrong...if you are smart about what you buy -- you can easily beat the stock market with pinball investing.

Here is something I wrote a few years ago running actual numbers of my current collection to what the same amount in the stock market would have gained (or lost).

Pinball won easily:

http://gameroomblog.com/guides/how-i-beat-the-stock-market-by-playing-pinball

#17 7 years ago

Gb for sure but I don't think it will be worth more than it cost long term. Kiss le will be a bit of a stinker and drop in value but not as bad as wwe le.

Also hi kaneda.

#18 7 years ago

Only 500 Ghostbusters LE and 600 KISS LE. Ghostbusters LE sold out in days, KISS LE is still available everywhere (including the official KISS store!).

KISS LE is pretty much identical to the Premium. Ghostbusters LE looks pretty much different from the LE.

In my mind, KISS is suffering the same fate Transformers did. The people who have it love it, the people who don't, feel like they aren't missing anything.

Granted, with great code, KISS could rise back up in value...just look at Star Trek LE. When the code was broken, the game could be had in the mid $6,000 range. Today? It's over $8,000...and I don't think that is enough to make people want to sell it.

As for WWE mentioned earlier, it just doesn't have the fan base from a theme perspective. I can see distributors giving steep discounts to get rid of them.

#19 7 years ago

KISS has such a boring layout. Code can bring it up, but it's got a lot of bringing up to do. In the long run, the best I'll ever see this game getting to be is "decent."

#20 7 years ago

GB for me, I don't mind playing a game of kiss every now and then but it's not in the same league as GB.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

you can easily beat the stock market with pinball investing

Sure, I'm not saying you can't make money off a game if you make a smart purchase. But what I am saying is that if you're looking to buy a game just to make money off it, you're buying it for the wrong reason. I like buying games because I like playing them, not because I'm looking to make a quick buck.

Back on topic though, if he is asking about playability and longevity of the actual game itself, I would think GB would edge KISS. Just my opinion though. The GB playfield is amazing; I like the art package as a whole better, and the game play is a little better for me.

#22 7 years ago

I'm going to have to go with KISS on this one. I'm a big KISS fan from way back, so that does influence my opinion, but hey, opinions are what are being asked for. KISS arguably hasn't put out a good record in almost 40 years, but who's keeping track. The first few years were great, and this is mostly what is recognized on the machine, so Stern did it right concerning this.

Not sure if the lastest code update is really that well known. It's damn good, IMHO. If you haven't given it a fair chance I suggest going back and giving it another test drive.

GB looks great, no doubt, but the somewhat linear game play is not doing it for me at the moment. Also, too many shots for my liking. More shots equals more posts, more posts equals more thud/dead/missed shots. Also, if you miss the skill shot and don't start a mode you are basically locked out of starting a mode for 5 (I believe) *made* shots. I know, I know, play better. But still........ Maybe as I get better at the game I will become more forgiving of these things.

#23 7 years ago

Kiss won't recover. I mean, X-Men was a great game IMO, but it never recovered from the early software. I thought it wasn't fair, but that's just the way it went. I think Kiss will be the same.

#24 7 years ago

Not sure kiss will not recover. TWD suffered the same code issues as Kiss. The code was fixed and now TWD is extremely popular.

#25 7 years ago

Kaneda_large_8728_(resized).jpgKaneda_large_8728_(resized).jpg

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from DocOck:

Thinking long-term here.

If you hold them both for twenty years, some archaeologist in the younger generation will pay a lot I'm sure.

These relics from the past will deserve a lot of attention and research toward the understanding of the human condition now.

4 months later
#27 7 years ago

Have there been any updates at all on the Kiss code at Expo?

#28 7 years ago

Have both, GBLE is more fun .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
15,699 (OBO)
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/long-term-value-ghostbusters-le-vs-kiss-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.