(Topic ID: 200627)

Long Shot: Nissan Maxima?

By kobayashimaru

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

Greetings!
    I may be inheriting my Dad's 1998 Nissan Maxima as he moves on to bigger and better things. From what I've seen, the way people usually get machines into four door sedans is with the cabinet across the back seat and the head in the trunk. Does anyone have personal experience? All I'd ever be moving are standard width 4 player-type EM's and early SS's. I'd probably throw a set of variable rate coil springs in the back to take up the extra load.

Thanks Everyone!

#2 6 years ago

I only saw it done once with a similar sized 4 door sedan. The guy had to remove the door panels, move the seat all the way up so his nose was basically on the steering wheel and drive home sitting straight up with no room to breathe. He really wanted the game I sold him I guess. It was an 80s gottlieb. Crazy guy.

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from kobayashimaru:

Greetings!
    I may be inheriting my Dad's 1998 Nissan Maxima as he moves on to bigger and better things. From what I've seen, the way people usually get machines into four door sedans is with the cabinet across the back seat and the head in the trunk. Does anyone have personal experience? All I'd ever be moving are standard width 4 player-type EM's and early SS's. I'd probably throw a set of variable rate coil springs in the back to take up the extra load.
    Thanks Everyone!

Might suggest adding a trailer hitch on- throw pin on trailer(rent or buy)-

#4 6 years ago

Not possible without being extremely dangerous. Why not just rent a truck?

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from sparechange1974:

Might suggest adding a trailer hitch on- throw pin on trailer(rent or buy)-

+1

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6 6 years ago

There's a good chance old pinball machines will fit in the back seat of the maxima. I've moved these games in sedans many times. The angle can be a little funky with the doors and you may need to move front seats in when moving game in or out but there's a very good chance you will be able to move those games in your new beater no problem. Anything newer than 1980 forget it.

Don't know why everybody is poo pooing the idea I once moved a Williams triple action in a Ford Focus.

#7 6 years ago

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines

One of the best things about this hobby is the people. Make a pinhead friend and use their truck or trailer. Even if it's possible to force a pin into a Maxima it won't be a good idea. I suppose the cabinet in the back seat and the head in the trunk is the most likely scenario to work. You would have to secure the cabinet somehow and there are no cargo hooks in a Maxima that will hold a standard strap.

Quoted from kobayashimaru:

I'd probably throw a set of variable rate coil springs in the back to take up the extra load.

There is no extra load. A car is already designed to carry passengers and cargo. A pin weighs about the same as a person.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/long-shot-nissan-maxima and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.