(Topic ID: 16521)

Long Post but need your Feed Back .. It's worth reading and could help other's

By MNpinballplayer

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

not-sure-if-we-got-trolled-or-just-pla.jpg
    danger.gif
    IBTL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#15 11 years ago

If you have a written estimate, you are good to protest the charges with the CC company. When it comes to estimates, they can only exceed the estimate by 10% without having you sign and agree to another written estimate. So , if I read your post correctly, the estimate you signed was for $1500. They can only legally charge you up to $1650 without your legal written consent.

Tell the credit card company that they padded the labor charges, could not provide any invoice(s) with itemized labor hours, and that you are NOT satisfied with the labor work. Furthermore , tell them they were holding your merchandise hostage and threatened to sell your merchandise if you did not pay the outrageous bill.

Screw them, just like they screwed you.

#51 11 years ago

You have got to try the credit card dispute! The worse that can happen is the credit card denies your claim. Don't waste anymore time and do it!

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from MNpinballplayer:

There's allot of talk regarding this post about not being important without naming the commercial company. This isn't true.
    What I have learned in during this whole process.
    1 . Never buy a pinball machine without looking at it first no matter how many photo's you receive. This doesn't only apply to E Bay but other places like Pinball Classified and Craigslist.
    2. As pointed out in this thread many times.. Learn how to shop your own pinball machines or find fellow pinball hobbies to help you. After posting my story I have received couple nice e mails from people in my area willing to help fix's or maintenance my machines when I need their help.
    I recommend buying a fixer upper to learn how to fix and maintenance your own pin before buying a expensive pin. I have found out most people in the hobbies start out with a low rated pin before buying something on the high end side.
    My-self made a deal to buy a Taxi pinball Machine with nice amount of wear on the playing field but everything works meaning the electronic and ramp parts. The pin also comes with a extra play field with very little wear. I am going to take apart everything and place it on the new play field for the experience.
    3. When it comes to dealing with commercial companies about maintenance your pin never agree to drop it off and have them work on it without properly counting for their hours. I had this company do a service call once before prior ( In My Home) and the person was vary nice and friendly and worked every minute on total amount of time billed. If you drop of your machine you will be at their mercy on reporting correct amount of time repairing the pin and also your machine will be held hostage if the pin prices get's out of hand.
    4. When making a post on pinside or other places.. Point more clearly what your true attention is regarding your post.
    Sorry, for getting people upset regarding my posting.
    Take Care MNpinballplayer
    BTW I did move from Minnesota to Iowa.

Please, name the company that did this to you.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/long-post-but-need-your-feed-back-its-worth-reading-and-could-help-others?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.