(Topic ID: 16521)

Long Post but need your Feed Back .. It's worth reading and could help other's

By MNpinballplayer

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

not-sure-if-we-got-trolled-or-just-pla.jpg
    danger.gif
    IBTL.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_pin_family.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#3 11 years ago

Did you sign a contract at any point before they started? Did that contract change as the estimate changed?

Yes, please do tell. We need to avoid this business at all cost.

#9 11 years ago

I try to play fair in life. What comes around goes around and all that. But when people play dirty you must play dirty as well.

#19 11 years ago

I would have paid with a check and stoped payment on it. Then sent a check for what you agreed upon plus whatever you feel you owed them above that. Probably not the legal way to handle the situation but at least then they have to fight you, not you fight them. Did you pay with a check? If not then dispute you cc transaction, for the sake of all other pinheads you must fight for all our rights. You are fighting for the people now. You can make a difference in this world. Were counting on you to teach these guys pinheads are not to be messed with. We have the right to honest service! Ok, maybe that's a little much but you get the point. As far as putting there name out there, I don't see how you could not. I felt your pain but I don't want to go through that. We need to know. Tell someone else and let them post it. Hell tell me and ill post it in a different thread if that makes you feel better.

#46 11 years ago

I'm done caring about this or even reading about this without a name. At this point its a pointless thread about a guy that got ripped off. Happens all the time. Useless info without a name so there can be a real.discussion. The question is a no brainer. If you got ripped off then dispute it. If you want.to talk about it give us the whole story(a name) so it can be discussed. Otherwise were talking about nothing.

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

Pinballdad said:After the amount of key strokes, on the original post, I would say (believe) most of it is true Sure he/she could have been more careful....but...and we all could be in this mess...he/she bought a pin, it needed work,the idea was to throw a little business to a pin pro, get it back...show it off...play it in great working order....hopefully hold value down the road in order to justify the initial up front cost +repair cost. Any person reading this thread could have ended up in this situation Heck...if my boss told me tomorrow that I am going on 65 hours a week and I already, the night before, won a auction for a pin, or had a deal I entered into, I would have easily said to myself,"Ok,...let's get through this....get the pin in one piece...spend a lil and make sure it plays/shows well...ok, spend a lil $$$...it will all be ok...it is all good"! Lol...could have been almost anyone in this thread and/or Pinside forum!
    GL friend. I wish you well. You did nothing wrong. I do agree with other members though...reveal the business name. I am not a legal pro but I am thinking you will be ok if your speaking the truth! The best benefit of this thread would be if others could know in advance who to stay away from...or at least who to keep thier business "Guard" up against so they are not taken adavantage of!!!!!
    Peace!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry.. There is no way in hell I would ever get banged in the "A" as hard as this poor guy. First off, most of us here do our own work. Second, those that don't, generally inquire here or elsewhere first, before risking putting themselves through this kind of abuse.

Yes, I can confidently say there is no way in Hell this would happen to me

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_pin_family.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/long-post-but-need-your-feed-back-its-worth-reading-and-could-help-others?tu=the_pin_family and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.