(Topic ID: 145329)

Lollipop rails: plus or minus?

By XpadreX

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20150427_125032_390.jpg
    IMG_20150425_104450_341.jpg
    IMG_20151104_124015672.jpg
    20151024_233032.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

Nah. Just use the clear protectors:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1870

#16 8 years ago

As apposed to clear protectors so your cab doesn't get damaged, what's the point of covering cab art for rails?

Seems like most people would rather spend whatever it is $50 on covering cab art when a $3 invisible protector would do just fine.

If you pick up a game with flipper botton wear, the new rails are a great way to cover that up. But you're talking NIB, just throw the protectors on and be done with it.

#19 8 years ago

Sure. Lets say there is no art. The rails are $60, the protectors are $3. Why would someone want to go out of their way to spend more money, when they can spend $3 on something a lot less intrusive?

Quoted from MustangPaul:

On certain games it doesn't matter like my Batman Forever the game has no art to cover, it's just black in that area. So it's just a matter of which game you put them on.

#21 8 years ago

I think it's safer to say that there are always exceptions as apposed to every case is different. On your particular game, sure, do what you have to do. I didn't say you should never buy them. But in the context of what the OP was originally asking for, just get the $3 protectors. I wasn't referring to you or your game of which I have no knowledge of anyway.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

Like I said every case is different.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lollipop-rails-plus-or-minus?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.