(Topic ID: 300723)

Lol - I can’t even come up with a title

By chickenscratch

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F4C2714B-D117-4EE3-9BDB-32F4C6C78755 (resized).jpeg
    64533CF1-2737-4A4E-9BD7-311CACBA7F84 (resized).png
    ace-ventura-ugly.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 2 years ago

Pretty much what PismoArcade said. It's everywhere to varying degrees. The current state of the world doesn't help either. Everyone is on edge, defensive, combative, and unwilling to compromise. People are just flat out mean. The old adage that the majority of humanity is good really has come into question these days. You try to get people to think of the bigger picture beyond themselves and they just laugh it off. People have stopped caring.

That being said, I don't find pinside to be as bad as people make it out to be. Even though people disagree, everyone is willing to help each other out when needed. You should see my wife's quilting forums. It's cutthroat over there.

#32 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Don’t take life so seriously, it’s a forum. Many think I’m negative/argumentative here but that’s because I enjoy talking about things that I disagree with rather than participating in a circle jerk. Pinside is honestly one of the coolest sites on the internet.

That is part of the problem around here is that people seem to want to surround themselves with echo chambers and get pissy when anyone comes along with a differing opinion. Their bubbles are very thin and afraid they will pop.

#37 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

What I have noticed is some people can't accept someone might have a different opinion in regards to something they like.
    Lots of flavors of ice cream, not everyone has to eat the same flavor nor do you have to treat another individual with scorn for liking something different than you.

Do you think it has something to do with the cost associated? I feel like many people in expensive hobbies feel they need to be justified in their spending, or they question themselves. At least that is how it seems around here. There is so little reason to be a fanboy of any pinball manufacturer. More games is good right? Competition good right? They all have their pros and cons, yet...here we are. Tell something that you think their game sucks, they take offense because they just spent 10k on it. It's something primal/subliminal.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wait….are you telling me cars are worse than pinball ?!

I mean, I think given prices, we can quit saying cars are not a good comparison

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lol-i-cant-even-come-up-with-a-title?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.