• Latest reply 11 years ago by LP30
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

#1 11 years ago

I haven't seen too much feedback on the "fix" of putting the sticker over the grove by the Loki ball lock to keep the balls from getting stuck. I'm still waiting for mine to come in from Stern & it's an annoying problem, but does a sticker really fix it? Do they send you more than 1 or can I expect it to hold up long term?

#2 11 years ago

Yes , this fixes it completely. I only got 1 but it would last .

#3 11 years ago

It works fine. No hang-ups since I put it on. It's dark blue and pretty heavy material.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 11 years ago

Thx for posting the picture, I would have thought it went over the grove & not next to it. I was thinking why didn't they just make that white plastic stopper stay down all the time & lift up when the Loki ball lock engaged? Nothing is there to slow down any of the other shots, why make that different?

#5 11 years ago

Definitely don't cover the groove. Those are the optical sensors that detect the presence and number of balls in the lock. The problem is actually with the small cutout in the plastic for the small black screw next to the groove.

Not sure on the overall design choice, but a mechanism that only comes up when the lock is active, but is still able to let only one ball out is considerably more complex like the one in XMEN Magneto lock. This one is a simple single coil.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/loki-lock-sticker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.