(Topic ID: 265993)

Locomotion Initial Setup

By jclocomotion

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2020-04-08 15_33_01-Our First Restoration - Zaccaria Locomotion _ Restorations documented _ Pinside. (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

Going to to fingering up the pin for the first time tonight.
    IF it all goes well it will need setting up. The manual alludes to this but in quite a lot of detail too much detail as all I want to do it get it setup as default.
    Is there a more simplified step by step guide somewhere?

#2 3 years ago

http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/gen1/index.html
    click on the Diagnostics and repairs and there is a section for powering up a gen1 for the first time including coin door setup.

Quoted from jclocomotion:

Going to to fingering up the pin for the first time tonight.
    IF it all goes well it will need setting up. The manual alludes to this but in quite a lot of detail too much detail as all I want to do it get it setup as default.
    Is there a more simplified step by step guide somewhere?

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

http://www.zaccaria-pinball.com/gen1/index.html
    click on the Diagnostics and repairs and there is a section for powering up a gen1 for the first time including coin door setup.

Didn't look in there but cheers.

Will I need to use this to setup the game or is it just an extra?

2020-04-08 15_33_01-Our First Restoration - Zaccaria Locomotion _ Restorations documented _ Pinside. (resized).png2020-04-08 15_33_01-Our First Restoration - Zaccaria Locomotion _ Restorations documented _ Pinside. (resized).png
    #4 3 years ago

You shouldn't have to change dip switches on that little board.

From that page:
    The 1B1149 (little board in your picture) settings board. On start up, the games that support this board detect invalid CMOS contents, and use the dip switches located on this board (switch matrix rows 6 and 7) to establish default pricing and coin options so that the game will actually work on locaton instead of being dead.

Quoted from jclocomotion:

Didn't look in there but cheers.
    Will I need to use this to setup the game or is it just an extra?[quoted image]

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/locomotion-initial-setup?hl=jclocomotion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.