(Topic ID: 146286)

Lockout Start Button after game is started?

By helicopter

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by emkay
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20151219_015.jpg
WP_20151219_017.jpg
leash.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider helicopter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Okay, so I have a 2 year old who loves to push buttons. He will press the start button while I'm playing TSPP.

It will first add up to 4 players, very annoying and I just drain the other players balls, next it will restart the game completely if he keeps pressing it. He just ruined a 200 million point game right in the middle of it. I don't see anywhere in the menu to change this or lockout the start button during a game. What are my options? Thinking of wiring in another switch in series to lock it out, but what a pain.

I'm getting pretty good at swatting his hand but he's pretty quick, and persistent, so he normally wins especially during multiball.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Go into "adjustments", then pick " standard adjustments" , then go to option 35 game restart and select "no". BAM...the kid is now POWERLESS!

Thank you! Change made and this will save my ultimate frustration of losing a nice game after an hour invested. It still doesn't solve the adding of players, any options for this? I don't see any "slow start" or "no start" options in the adjustments.

Quoted from 0geist0:

Teach your kid to not touch while you're playing.

My 2 year old is having some development issues, possibly autism. He is my fifth child so I know plenty about discipline and teaching them but he is clearly different. He's still not talking or walking. He enjoys standing on a small plastic chair in front of me and watching me play, just kind of our thing.

I may try taking the bulb out of the start button but he presses my HS button as well and that doesn't have a light so I don't think that will help much. I really need some way of locking out the start button after a single player start button is pushed.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Switch to token/quarter play. Start button will only light with credits.
Watching kids visit my house and press start repeatedly is a reason I switched to tokens.

This sounds like a great solution. I could take it off free play right before I decide to play a serious game, just add 1 credit while I'm there, and then change it back when I'm done so that the other kids and their friends can play when they want to. I don't think I, or my wife, would want to keep it on tokens/quarters all the time where the tokens/quarters would end up all over the house.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from Starwriter:

Rig up a switch that closes when you push the coin reject, and wire it to the coin switch to add credits. I did that for a lady that has a Pacman vid. When Pacman is on freeplay, there is no screensaver. So, now she pushes the coin reject button to add a credit and then plays a game.

Great idea but I see him pressing those in as well, not sure how he figured those out since they don't do anything. I'd end up with him adding a bunch of credits and then pressing the start button adding more players during my game.

Maybe I could wire one of those switches in series with the start button. That way you would have to press both at the same time to start a game, that may work.

Thanks to everyone for the excellent ideas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Gainesville, GA
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 16.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider helicopter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lockout-start-button-after-game-is-started?tu=helicopter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.