By Ballyoldboy

5 months ago

Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Ballyoldboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

#1 5 months ago

I am seriously considering locking the search disc arm on my early United Pixies bingo game. Having just replaced all fingers with near mint ones, the unnecessary wear and tear is driving me to drink.
    It shouldn't be to hard to lock the search disc. A discrete button maybe under the game to release the search arm, should you have a wining line, and let the clutch do the same as latter bingo's did. Of course having the odd few spares makes the project easier.
    I'm sure many of you might agree this excess wear has to stop. Anyone done this? Share your idea's with us all please
    Pics show fingers replaced using 8BA nuts/bolts, a perfect match for old rivet.
    Cheers John UK

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

#2 5 months ago

the original wiper contacts looked pretty good to me ... I've had games where most of the contact was gone, along with the tip of the finger.

the worst game wore the finger down into the contact mounting hole and the contact fell out. Game still paid correctly.

united already saved wear-n-tear on the search relays by not powering some when a win wasn't possible ... if you save the contacts also(and lose the early search relay chatter), you're gonna put the parts guys out of business

#3 5 months ago

Hi again
    Although I have tons of spares for Bally, it's impossible here in the UK to get spares for United, I believe I have the only Pixies over here. You're quite right about search relay chatter, the contacts are in great condition but the fibre contact plates were becoming very loose, which I sorted by re-peening the two holding points on a jewellers anvil, perfect job done.
    Giving an average game time of 2 mins including feeding coins for 30 seconds the search disc will revolve 30 times, so a saving of 30 to 1 on wear makes my project really worth while. But it does look like I'm the only one that cares, I do find that strange, however Bally obviously made that modification for a good reason.
    Look at the damage on the score disc which I fixed using a thin silver sheet, not having spares is a big problem and have already spent a fortune with Pinball Resource
    Thanks for your interest. John

image (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 19.95
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 169.95
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside