Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Shpwizard
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Has anyone here had experience with the Locking Leg Adjuster Nuts from Pinball Life? http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2673

I often am by myself and need to level my games without a friend's help. Anyone tried them out?

#2 11 years ago

I just tighten the nut to the bottom of the leg, never had a problem with them moving, and yea I'm like you no one to help. If you still want a locking type nut, just take your levelers to the hardware store and buy some locking nuts (the ones with the nylon in them, and they won't move on you. They use those type on cars, and they vibrate a whole lot more then your pin will, and plus they don't cost 10 bucks apiece.

#3 11 years ago

To be fair it is a set of 4 for $10, not $10 per nut.

Not a bad idea if you can't get a good wrench grip on the small square above the foot.

If you were feeling cheap you could take a standard nut and do as Hammerhead mentioned, turn the nut hard into the bottom of the leveler to lock it in.

But before you turn the nut to the bottom put a little red lock-tite (permanent) on the threads of the leveler (not on the nut) before you tightened the nut down to the bottom of the leveler. It is sure to not come up after that.

I like the idea of a Nylock nut. But it would be a real bitch to have to turn a Nylock nut the whole way down a 2 or 3" leveler.

#4 11 years ago

I would like to see someone make a bolt that has a hex in the top for an Allen key...

#5 11 years ago

Honestly I have used a vice-grip on the top of the leveler to turn it on games with old levelers that don't move easily.

Yes, you will destroy the threads on the top 1/2" of the leveler, but so what?

If you ever decide to replace the levelers you just have to cut the leveler off on the bottom side so you won't run the damaged part of the threads on the leveler through the legs threaded hole. Takes less then a minute to saw off with a hacksaw.

The only real pain is that you can't even get a full 1/4 turn per wrench grip. I think that is the reason you don't see any type of adjustment that forces you to work in the upper part of the leg area, just no room to turn the tool.

#6 11 years ago

Cobra, I think that's what those are... at least, from the picture that's what it looks like...

At any rate, I ordered some. I'll tell you how they work after I install them.

#7 11 years ago

The locking leg adjusters work great. The small square at the bottom of the standard leg adjuster is usually half covered by the foot and hard to get a wrench on but once these leg adjusters are installed they make it easy to slip a wrench on the large hex which makes the adjustment of the leg a snap.

#8 11 years ago

You could also just drill a hole through the bolt and just stick a small screw driver into it and turn it that way...

#9 11 years ago

You could grind the first couples of threads and make a flat to hold on the top of leg levellers...

#10 11 years ago

Do a you tube for zip levelers, the guy doesn't make them anymore, but they are you answer, and you could do the modification yourself. I posters a link on another thread a while back, just search for zip levlee.

#11 11 years ago

I do the jam nut method. Two nuts on the leveler below the leg, finger tighten the first to the bottom of the leg, run the second on up to the first one, then with a wrench on both jam the bottom to the top one...Yeah it's probably overkill, but it's cheap, doesn't damage the threads, and that leveler ain't goin' nowhere.

#12 11 years ago

You could do the two nut jam method on the top of the leveler and make a poor man's "zip leveler". put a little red lock-tite on for good measure if you are a belt and suspenders kind of person.

No need buy anything. Also you would not have two nuts at the bottom of the leveler keeping you from getting the leg all the way up.

I know on my old Bally pins I had to take the nut off of the front levelers and screw the levelers all the way in and a 3" leveler all of the way out on the back legs to get 6 degrees in the playfield.

2 weeks later
    1 month later
    #14 11 years ago

Finally got my buddy over, and we were able to put on the Pinball Life locking leveler nuts.

They work great!

What you do is you spin off the standard nut on the leg, spin the nut-with-a-setscrew-in-it all the way down to the bottom of the leveler, and tighten the setscrew down as hard as you can with a hex wrench (supplied). Then you spin the jam nut on, and put the foot back on the leg.

When you turn the now locked down nut-with-a-setscrew-in-it, you can crank on that nut and the whole leveler turns with the whole weight of the machine on it.

Worth $10? For me, yeah.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/locking-leg-adjusters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.