Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by mbaumle
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have a project Eight Ball Deluxe where the prior owner did a playfield swap and screwed up the wiring. Several of the feature lamps are locked on. I noticed that some of the feature lamps are being powered by being jumped from the power on GI lamps. (The feature lamp returns are not jumpered from GI however.) Could this cause the feature lamps to lock on?

#2 6 years ago

I think I already answered at least part of my question. No the Gen Illumination can not share power with Switched lights. One is AC powered and the other is DC powered.

Next question: Can the power rail from any Switched light be jumpered to and other Switched light in the game?

This things has the crappy copper/cardboard tape rather than solid wire connecting the lamps Urgh!!

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from colonelsnow:

Can the power rail from any Switched light be jumpered to and other Switched light in the game?

If I'm not mistaken, the bare wire that is daisy chained between all of the controlled lamps is the 6 volt power line for them. Then, each lamp has it's own wire that goes back to the driver board's SCR that then grounds the circuit and lights that particular light (no matrix).

I'm thinking that if the previous owner had wired in the GI power into some of the controlled lights, it's possible that some components on the lamp driver might have been damaged as well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/locked-on-feature-lights-and-sharing-gen-illum-power and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.