Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by pinmike
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200117_190901 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scupbucket.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 months ago

Hey guys! I’m working on a Road Kings at the moment and having a tough time chasing down problems with with coils locking on. I originally started off trying to fix a dead left pop bumper by replacing the driver transistor (tested bad using DVM - IJ19 disconnected) at Q69 on the board. After changing out the transistor, I’ve been running into problems with the special solenoids locking on. I should mention that there's zero corrosion or hacks on the board.

I’ve swapped out all the old SS components on the CPU board with new ones. I changed the pre-drivers, drivers (replaced with TIP102), and the 7402 at U45. I’ve also replaced all the diodes on the corresponding coils and double checked their band positions. When the game is powered on all is fine in attract mode. When a game is started, gameplay is normal for about 5-10 seconds and then a coil locks on and cooks the driver. When the game is shut off and turned back on, the coil with the cooked driver locks on immediately in attract mode. So far I’ve had the left bumper (Q69), right kicker (Q71), and top bumper (Q73) lock on all on separate occasions. Kind of stumped at this point and trying to avoid shotgun replacing anymore parts. As always, any guidance where to start troubleshooting is greatly appreciated.

20200117_190901 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
Ramp-O-Matic
$ 22.50
$ 62.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 17.00
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider scupbucket.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside