Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171001_122200 (resized).jpg
20170930_110144 (resized).jpg
20171001_121101 (resized).jpg
20170930_110208 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Everytime I opened my Gulfstream, I would cringe at the sight of the lockdown mechanism. It was covered in rust. I thought about powder coating it but I have seen some miracles on YouTube with Evapo-Rust. I figured it was worth a try.

Before, in the machine.Before, in the machine.

Even worse looking out of the machine.Even worse looking out of the machine.

Once i got it out of the cabinet, I saw it was worse than I thought. So I took the whole thing and submerged it in the Evapo-Rust. After about an hour I noticed the rust disappearing from some of the lighter areas. Every few hours I scrubbed the heavy rust with a brass brush. I left it soaking overnight. The next morning, most of the rust was gone except for a few of the deeper spots. I scraped those areas with a razor to remove as much as possible. An hour later that rust was gone too.

Rust free.  It looks better in person.Rust free. It looks better in person.

Back in the cabinet.  Looks great.Back in the cabinet. Looks great.

There is no rust left anywhere. There is some slight pitting where the rust was deepest, but it looks worse in the pictures than it is. For surface rust, this stuff works fast and easy. For heavier rust, remove as much rust as possible first. I'll be using this stuff again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Salem, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lockdown-mechanism-derust and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.