Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by DirtinLa
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lockbar stern trident (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - wanted

Lockdown Bar wanted needed Chrome

Added: 2020-07-20 20:57:55 UTC • Ended: November 9th, 2021

0 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

Wanted

Item description

It popped off on the way home and was lost. Broke the glass too!

anyway 22.25" long 2.625" or 2.75" wide there are two pins around

.375 " diameter 16" ctr to ctr long and 1.375 on ctr to ctr width.

BTW this is on a Stern Trident.... only like 3600 produced

need a price please shipped to 70737

thanx in advance,

-=Fred=-

Item photos

lockbar stern trident (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are DirtinLa's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to DirtinLa's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Gonzales, LA, US

#3 3 years ago

Stern Trident

#4 3 years ago

You are trying too hard. You should modify your title to read that you just need a “classic stern lockdown bar with two pins” (not tabs). They are getting hard to track down. You may need to be patient.

#5 3 years ago

Of all the lock bars to need that will be one of the hardest to find at any price. If you locate one for under $100 consider yourself lucky and grab it. Williams & Bally lock bars are pretty common and can typically be found for under $30 if you are not in a rush. Gottlieb stuff is harder to find and normally brings $60 to $100 depending on which of the 4 or 5 styles you need. Either style Stern is nearly impossible to find at any price.

If you do locate a Classic Stern lock bar make sure it is the "button style" they also had tab (or fin) style on later machines. I don't know exactly how many Classic Stern machines used that "button style" but it was only a handful of machines that used them.

#6 3 years ago

Paging Terry at PBL . Not sure if this would be something that can be implemented for remake.?

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Paging Terry at PBL . Not sure if this would be something that can be implemented for remake.?

I know years ago Steve Young (Pinball Resource) looked into remaking Gottlieb lock bars and that that time tooling to make them was going to cost like $200,000 and he decided there was no way he would sell enough of them to recover that investment. Sadly since only a handful of earlier Classic Stern machines used the button style bar even if every machine needed one there just wouldn't be enough demand for this bar to justify the cost of making them.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

I know years ago Steve Young (Pinball Resource) looked into remaking Gottlieb lock bars and that that time tooling to make them was going to cost like $200,000 and he decided there was no way he would sell enough of them to recover that investment. Sadly since only a handful of earlier Classic Stern machines used the button style bar even if every machine needed one there just wouldn't be enough demand for this bar to justify the cost of making them.

Wonder if those could convert to fin style. Been a while since I looked closely at them.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Wonder if those could convert to fin style. Been a while since I looked closely at them.

You can change the lock bar receiver from a Classic Stern with fin style and use complete assembly (lock bar & receiver) but if my memory is correct you need to drill some holes in the receiver for coin door frame screws on some machines. Sadly the fin style Classic Stern lock bar is typically just as hard to source as the button style.

#10 3 years ago

I sold a nice one for $80 last year. They are hard to find but not impossible. If I had another, I would sell it to you for the same price.

1 month later
    #11 3 years ago

bump I'm now willing to change bar and receiver at this point

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lockdown-bar-wanted-needed-chrome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.